Tracking not addind contacts

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.1.0 (running in Kubernetes with the image mautic/mautic:v3)
My PHP version is: 7.3.20

Your problem
My problem is:
I added the tracking code to 2 sites and I can see request coming from both of them: POST /mtc/event HTTP/1.1 200 https://domain1.com/example but no contact is generated.

Both sites are in the valid domain list of CORS restrictions settings.

Is some configuration missing? Should I be seeing more logs in those cases?

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Tracking javascript code present. CORS setup. I only see a few registrations, but most do not show up. Could this be a security setting? It does register (anonymous) visitors, but it is not constantly working. I do not see any error logs.

Where to start looking?

Thanks,

Rolf

Hi, is it possible, that you are sitting behind a firewall? Are you using any cache services? How about Cloudflare?
Thx,
Joey

Thanks, Joey.

I reinstalled a fresh Mautic and (for the 10th time) removed anything that can block it.

And you know what! It works!

Still don’t know what causes it. When I know I will update this post.

Thanks,

Rolf

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

This was not the main problem for me, but I figured something out that may help people. When you login to the mautic admin, it doesn’t do any tracking. So when testing, make sure to clear cookies or use a different browser with no admin session.

Yep. If you have admin cookie you are not tracked. Also dynamic content is not shown. Also unsubscribe doesnt work for test email send. Neither does the webview link.