Trigger a drip campaign on a custom date field

I have created a custom field: campaignX_start_date for a contact, and then built campaignX with the condition / contact field value

• contact field: campaignX_start_date,
  • operator: date
  • value: is today

I then set the action to send an email, however, when campaignX_start_date is reached the campaign delivers an error and does not send the email.

When I go back into the condition the contact fields have automatically changed to:
  • operator: equals
  • value: anniversary

Have I done something wrong?

All I want to do is trigger a drip campaign starting on a custom date field (and ideally at a chosen time), but after extensive google searching and trial and error I am unable to get this simple function to work.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am using the mautic hosted version.

I have created a custom field: campaignX_start_date for a contact, and then built campaignX with the condition / contact field value

• contact field: campaignX_start_date,
  • operator: date
  • value: is today
    I then set the action to send an email, however, when campaignX_start_date is reached the campaign delivers an error and does not send the email.

When I go back into the condition the contact fields have automatically changed to:

• operator: equals
  • value: anniversary

Have I done something wrong?

All I want to do is trigger a drip campaign starting on a custom date field (and ideally at a chosen time), but after extensive google searching and trial and error I am unable to get this simple function to work.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am using the mautic hosted version.