Triggering based on tags

The reason tags are so popular (at a conceptual level) is they are versatile and you can use them in so many ways.

One of those ways is to create contact segments.

I see that Mautic separates the two, which is perfectly fine if that’s what some people like. But, when I launch the Campaign Builder, I can only use “Contact Segments” as a Contact Source (and not tags).

Are there any plans to make it possible for a campaign to be triggered through tags?

If not, then aside from contact filtering, what is the value of tags?

Thanks

The reason tags are so popular (at a conceptual level) is they are versatile and you can use them in so many ways.

One of those ways is to create contact segments.

I see that Mautic separates the two, which is perfectly fine if that’s what some people like. But, when I launch the Campaign Builder, I can only use “Contact Segments” as a Contact Source (and not tags).

Are there any plans to make it possible for a campaign to be triggered through tags?

If not, then aside from contact filtering, what is the value of tags?

Thanks

this seems to be the latest work in this area: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/2106

I just started using Mautic 2.2 and in the Campaign Builder you can start a campaign source based on Form fields, and in the form fields you can select “tags” and then there are conditions for those tags, like “equals to”, etc.

Type in the tag you want to equal to, and I am thinking this will work. (Im testing this now matter of fact).

Im in the process of using the API to tag people from my backend server using the API. I got it to tag a user say when they register an account on my site, and now trying to add more tags for different behavior on the site.

This could be a HUGE feature and am very happy that things are progressing in this direction!