Turning on SSL lowers my open rate

So here’s a strange one… I have a daily e-mail that I send out that has an open rate of about 40% (give or take).

When I turn on forced SSL for the server, that rate drops to 10%-15%. Oddly, the traffic still seems to be getting through, as there is no subsequent drop on the Google Analytics side for the page that the website pushes users to, so I believe that users are still opening this e-mail at the same rate, it’s just not registering it.

My setup: I’m using a Bitnami image on AWS, and have followed the Bitnami instructions on getting SSL setup for the server, as well as the Mautic instructions on config settings within the server for SSL. I have sent myself a test e-mail to various providers and confirmed that the pixel is firing correctly. There does not seem to be any specific providers that are affected more than others.

Any ideas?

So here’s a strange one… I have a daily e-mail that I send out that has an open rate of about 40% (give or take).

When I turn on forced SSL for the server, that rate drops to 10%-15%. Oddly, the traffic still seems to be getting through, as there is no subsequent drop on the Google Analytics side for the page that the website pushes users to, so I believe that users are still opening this e-mail at the same rate, it’s just not registering it.

My setup: I’m using a Bitnami image on AWS, and have followed the Bitnami instructions on getting SSL setup for the server, as well as the Mautic instructions on config settings within the server for SSL. I have sent myself a test e-mail to various providers and confirmed that the pixel is firing correctly. There does not seem to be any specific providers that are affected more than others.

Any ideas?

I think I good option is to check if all the assets(CSS, file, image, js) are requested using HTTPS.

Good suggestion… I have combed through those already and ensured that they are all secure as well.

Currently the cipher is: AES_256_GCM

Bumping this thread

Fyi, the issue was with an Intermediary Certificate related to my SSL Setup. Fixing that resolved this issue… this SSL Checker showed what the issue was: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html

Shout out to FishStix for helping me out!!