Understanding Campaign Builder conditions

Would some kind person take the time to explain how the new conditions feature in the campaign builder works?

They seem logical but they do not behave as expected. I am using the allyde hosted version of Mautic so I am assuming cron jobs (whatever those are) have been attended to.

Let me use an example to illustrate my confusion.

I have set up a campaign form that collects a host of information, including choosing between option A and option B. These are not mapped to the custom lead fields as I only need them to trigger the correct campaign branch.

The campaign starts with a form. I have then used Form Field Values to create conditions. If the field equals A then send email A. I have linked the email to the form field value via the green connector. I assume then, that if the Form Field value does not equal A, and the only other option is B, then it will send email B, connected via the red connector.

When I do this, the campaign sends email B, when the field condition is A!

How should I set out the campaign so that the correct emails are sent. What happens when there are multiple conditions that could be met (C,D,E for example)?

Perhaps a separate Form Field value box for each variable? But I am still confused as to why the red branch is being chosen when the green branch condition has been met?

Would some kind person take the time to explain how the new conditions feature in the campaign builder works?

They seem logical but they do not behave as expected. I am using the allyde hosted version of Mautic so I am assuming cron jobs (whatever those are) have been attended to.

Let me use an example to illustrate my confusion.

I have set up a campaign form that collects a host of information, including choosing between option A and option B. These are not mapped to the custom lead fields as I only need them to trigger the correct campaign branch.

The campaign starts with a form. I have then used Form Field Values to create conditions. If the field equals A then send email A. I have linked the email to the form field value via the green connector. I assume then, that if the Form Field value does not equal A, and the only other option is B, then it will send email B, connected via the red connector.

When I do this, the campaign sends email B, when the field condition is A!

How should I set out the campaign so that the correct emails are sent. What happens when there are multiple conditions that could be met (C,D,E for example)?

Perhaps a separate Form Field value box for each variable? But I am still confused as to why the red branch is being chosen when the green branch condition has been met?

That’s interesting. What field type have you chosen for the A and B choices? Select box? What values exactly? I can try to replicate it if it is a bug or wrong setting.

And yes, if you want to evaluate other fields or options as well, you’ll have to create more condition nodes.

I believe there is a bug here. (Should I report it elsewhere?)

I want only to send emails to Leads that weren’t imported from Aweber.

I have a campaign with a condition referencing the Description Field and looking for text: “Transferred from Aweber”.

If the expression is: Description = “Transferred from Aweber” and I connect an email to the No node, then new leads get the email.

However, if the expression is Description != “Transferred from Aweber” and I connect an email to the Yes node, then new leads DO NOT get the email!

@justinroffmarsh report bugs to https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues please.