Unsubscribe and Bounce not logged in Email dashboard

Under Channel - Email …

We noticed none of the bounces or unsubscribe is being logged or shown in any of the email graph bar …

Any idea why?

There no error recorded in the log and we do have a segment bounce which does show that there are email bounces but we can’t tell from which email channel it coming from.

This should have some unsubscribed and bounced member but it’s showing none

What i need to do to troubleshoot this?

Still need help with this one please

I guess it would help people to assist you in troubleshooting if you were to tell us what email service provider you are using, what version of Mautic, and how you have bounce monitoring configured.

Oh sorry I thought I mentioned that in my first thread …

Mautic 4.4.12

The email gateway Amazon SES set up with Amazon API in Mautic email setting. The bounces and unsubscribe are configured on Amazon SES as well too.

I managed to find the unsubscribe is being logged just there no numeric value shown unless you are hovering the mouse cursor at a pixel size spot to make it appear which is challenging. I think it best to use numeric instead of graph bar for those counts.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 11.41.51 AM

The bounces on the other hand i believe is being recorded and logged because I created a segment and filtered it with bounce: yes which gave me a list of contact that bounced. I look at most recent bounces since we only send out 1 newsletter per week so it was not hard to check each newsletter for history for history of bounce and what day each contact was marked as bounce.

All the newsletters shows zero bounce logged but contacts are showing bounce marked on the days that newsletter was sent out.

Is there a way to change graph bar to numeric instead? Not sure why graph bar was decided to be used over numeric value when ideally unsubscribe and bounces should happen in a very small number at each publication.

Hello!

Regarding bounce:

This is happening if Mautic doesn’t know the X-email-ID * that bounced.
This information is stored in each sent email’s header. Looks like this:

Once the bounce event happens, you have the option to get the whole header forwarded to you back. If you don’t , then this info is ‘lost’ and you just know something has bounced, but you don’t know what was the original email.

In Amazon SES you need to set "include original headers’ in your notification settings, and it will work.

• Plz note email ID is not the same as an email address, altough it is used wrongly all the time. Email address is abc@domain.com, but the Email ID is the ID of the email in Mautic, especially in the emails table. Not in the email_stats table!

Regarding Unsubscribe

This info is lost if you use preference center of some kind. Is this your case?

1 Like

I didn’t have the

In Amazon SES you need to set "include original headers’ in your notification settings, and it will work

set so I went to set it. I also added two fake emails to the newsletter that going out tomorrow to see if it works.

Thank you @joeyk !

You are welcome!