Unsubscribe button help

Hi Team

I need some help with the Unsubscribe button, I’m not sure which URL to use, or actually how it works.

Is there a place on my dashboard where I can find my link?

Thanks

Hi Team

I need some help with the Unsubscribe button, I’m not sure which URL to use, or actually how it works.

Is there a place on my dashboard where I can find my link?

Thanks

Go in Configuration> Email settings , and check please

Under Unsubscribe settings I have the following
Text for the {unsubscribe_text} token
Unsubscribe to no longer receive emails from us.

You will get the unsubscribe link using this token {unsubscribe_url}

just insert {unsubscribe_url} in the button as a link

Thanks a mil, will give it a shot

resolved?

Hi, not yet, using that gave me the url: http://www.investortools.co.za/email/unsubscribe/59b8ca6630448
When clicked it goes to a page that says Record not found.

where I can find my link?
There is not the link, it is generated dynamically (not sure if it is created per contact, campaign or email - but that should not be of any relevance).

Normally you would place the {unsubscribe_url} in an email you create. When you send out the email, the placeholder will be replaced with the actual unsibscribe URL.

@francois, where did you get the posted link from? Or - to stay on a meta level - what do you want to accomplish? Feel free to PM me. I can give you my email address and we can test out if it works.

@Peter, thanks will do.

I got that from the test mailer I sent, assuming I’d have to link that into the Unsubscribe word, but I was just playing around. What confuses me is that it doesn’t work, even the raw link routes me to a page that says Record not found.

Hi Peter

Sorry been overly busy on my side, and I’ve probably been spamming you throughout (apologies for that)

I am going to try and mail out of campaign today, but I agree with what you said, it should dynamically change wherever it’s sent from.

A post was split to a new topic: Record not found on unsubscribe link