Unsubscribe ONLY from drip campaign

I want to give people the ability to unsubscribe from an automated email sequence (drip campaign).

It looks like I can do this by subscribing people to a second campaign at the same time they sign up for the drip campaign, then using the second campaign to unsubscribe them from the first campaign if they click through to an ‘unsubscribe’ URL.

But I also see comments online that suggest this doesn’t work for some reason. Can someone point me to best-practice for allowing someone to exit a campaign, either by submitting a form or by landing on a page?

I did play with the idea of creating an unsubscribe form and passing the EMAIL ID to this form. However, I can’t see a way, in the conditional elements of the campaign to check if the submitted email matches the lead’s email.

I want to give people the ability to unsubscribe from an automated email sequence (drip campaign).

It looks like I can do this by subscribing people to a second campaign at the same time they sign up for the drip campaign, then using the second campaign to unsubscribe them from the first campaign if they click through to an ‘unsubscribe’ URL.

But I also see comments online that suggest this doesn’t work for some reason. Can someone point me to best-practice for allowing someone to exit a campaign, either by submitting a form or by landing on a page?

I did play with the idea of creating an unsubscribe form and passing the EMAIL ID to this form. However, I can’t see a way, in the conditional elements of the campaign to check if the submitted email matches the lead’s email.

Excellent, thank you.

Is there any benefit in passing the email id to a form on this landing page?

And, if so, how do I get Mautic to validate the email?

Justin

Excellent, thank you @kuzmany.

One more question, if I may.

In your first comment, you advised to create unsubscribe campaign with lead-list source. Why is that? Does this assume that I create a smart campaign that auto-adds all subscribers?

Would it work the same if it was a campaign-list source – set to the subscription campaign?

(Just trying to improve my understanding of both).

Justin