Updating from M3.3.3 > 5.03 (data only)

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.3 > 5.03
My PHP version is: 8.1
My Database type and version is: mariadb 10.6

So, I want to upgrade to M5 but ideally as a new, fresh install. My question is, how can best sync my data?

What’s the best way to go from 3.3.3 to 5.03?

Thanks a lot.

OK, this is how I would approach it:

1. backup everything (database and files)
  2. migrate to the latest 3.x series using official guide (CLI method)
  3. from the latest 3.x migrate to the latest 4.x using official guide (CLI method)
  4. from the latest 4.x, migrate to the latest 5.x series using official guide (CLI nethod)
  5. Backup database, local.php, media files, etc.
  6. Install new instance and copy files from point #5 to the new instance

Best, M.

This is an absolute nightmare.

Well, you need to apply all the migrations and since migration files are moved out on each major release, you have to update to each major release separately.

If you need assistance with the process, drop me PM.

Best, M.

Thanks, I ended up manually porting the data across to a fresh install. Was easier that way.

Seems Amazon SES is not working though. Broadcast terminal cmd says it sends but nothing arrives.

Appears SES integration is far from complete.

ok,

what ses plugin are you using?

Actually, my issue was due to MX priority I think. however, I’m not sure if the bounce / complaint thing is handled by symfony/amazon-mailer:6.4.3

Do you know? If not then we can’t really use it, right?

So for emailing you cannot use just standalone package from symfony, because it doesnt handle the bounces.

You need to install a plugin that adds the ability to handle webhook requests from amazon.

There are a couple of integrations out there. I played a bit with this one: GitHub - mzagmajster/mautic-ses-plugin , but it lacks proper testing so it might not work.

Basically despite installing the transport from symfony you need to install mautic plugin as well.

Best, M.

ok ty very much. I’m kind of gobsmacked this isn’t more widely documented. Speaking of which, there seems to be no instructions on how to install this. Do you know where that is?

Go here:

and you have readme file, that describes the install process. Make sure you use dev_mautic branch