[USE CASE] Using Categories, Segments & Tags Correctly

I just want to make sure I’m under the correct understanding so I don’t do a bunch of work and have to re-do.

Overview: I have a company that provides a single point of contact for Cyber Security and Cloud Business solutions, basically an AppStore. Clients sign-up various services, which we’ll use the API to submit them to Mautic to Segment and Tag them. There are a significant cross-sell capability between many of these services, which we want to use Mautic to organize clients based on the services they use to deliver services updates and alerts, as well directly target them with cross-sell marketing messages for relevant services.

Based on the reading of Mautic documentation this is my current understanding how Mautic organizes data.

Categories - Acts like a folder to group topic/theme assets together, like emails, landing pages, forms, etc.

Segments - Creates groups of contacts based on a trait and is used for creating campaigns.

Tags - Additional differentiation or labeling of contacts within segments, but can’t be used for create campaigns.

So for structure I’m envisioning the following.

1st

Category = Client Status

Segments =

• New Lead
  • Active Client
  • Dead Client

Tags = (Number of employees)

• 1-50
  • 51-999
  • 1000+
  • Industry (Government, Medical, Educational, …etc.)

2nd

Category = Services

Segments = (Each service is a segment.)

• SentinelOne XDR
  • LastPass
  • Private MS Exchange Email
  • Acronis Backup & Recovery

Tags = (Service options.)

• MFA
  • Cloud Backup
  • Advanced Management
  • Disaster Recovery

3rd

Category = Hardware

Segments =

• Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Monitors

Tags = (Manufacturer + Model)

• Lenovo
  • HP
  • Sony
  • X1 Carbon
  • VAIO Z
  • Pavillion

Am I on the right track and understanding or is there a better way?

Looks good to me

Great, thanks, Rob!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.