Users imported into Mautic do not generate tracking

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that in a Mautic 4.2.1 installation with 6500 users imported from a .csv file they do not receive any kind of action updates or tracking if they visit urls of the site linked to Mautic via CORS.

When one of these contacts visits the WordPress website while logged in with their email then Mautic interprets it as an anonymous visit and adds the tracking of the actions performed in the item associated with the IP of the visit (anonymous) but does not merge it with the existing contact.

Is there something I am missing in this process? :thinking:

Note: I use WP Fusion PRO for integration with WordPress and Mautic.

Thanks for any possible ideas you can provide me with.

Hi, are you passing the email value in Wordpress?
Once you send out an email, and the contacts open them, the information will be merged.

Hello @gnumax,

How do you turn a ghost visitor into a known contact in Mautic?
This is what a lead acquisition strategy is all about. To be able to transform visitors to your site into known prospects and then into customers. Let’s see how to transform a ghost visitor into a lead with Mautic.

We have 3 ways of doing this:

1. by making them fill in a form generated by Mautic
  2. by sending him an e-mail from Mautic
  3. by calling the Mautic tracking code with the visitor’s information

Turning a visitor into a contact by having him fill in a form generated by Mautic
The scenario is quite simple to understand, you produce content that you publish on your website. This content allows you to generate traffic (via social networks, SEO or SEA), aiming to engage each visitor with relevant content to meet their needs. On some pages, you can offer your visitors to fill in a form to get access to additional content. This can be a white paper, an online course, a newsletter, etc. In short, any content with high added value that will encourage the visitor to leave his contact details.
With the forms generated by Mautic it is easy to provide your visitors with a form to collect their contact details and then trigger an email campaign.

The fact that a visitor fills in your Mautic form automatically turns him into a known contact. The ghost visitor and his history are enriched with the data entered in the form.

Turn a visitor into a contact by sending him an email from Mautic
If you are planning to participate in a trade fair and want to collect contact information (such as business cards). Or if you already have a contact file with email addresses in your company, then Mautic will allow you to transform these data into known contacts on your website.
All you have to do is import your contacts into a Mautic segment and prepare an e-mail to your contacts. In the case of a trade show, this could be a thank you email following your meeting.
The important thing is that this e-mail contains at least one link to your website and that you encourage the people reading it to click on this link. In this case, Mautic will automatically recognise the visitor who has clicked on the cookie and will merge the declarative information that you have collected on the show with the behavioural information already contained in Mautic. This is when we realise that some of the people we have just met have been visiting our website regularly for over 6 months. This is valuable information!

Once again, Mautic manages everything for you in a completely transparent way. All you need is to have the tracking code installed on your website and a file of contacts to solicit.
Another way to do this is to migrate your newsletter from your current platform (Mailjet, Mailchimp, SendInBlue, etc.) to Mautic. With each newsletter sent, you will enrich your contacts’ data with behavioural information.

Turn a visitor into contacts by calling the Mautic tracking code with the visitor’s information
Mautic’s tracking code can be overloaded with the personal data of the person visiting the page.
This approach is used in case you have an environment where your users are logged in. For example in the case of an e-commerce site or a customer back office or a SaaS software. Some pages of your application are only accessible when logged in. It is therefore easy to know who is visiting a pager at a given time, the person who has logged in before. We will use this to ask the developers to transmit to the Mautic tracking code the information (first name, last name, email, customer status, etc.) that we know about him.

Does that make it more clear to you?
Did you send an e-mail to your users from Mautic?
Pierre

3 Likes

Hi @pierre_a & @joeyk

After thoroughly reviewing the settings of mautic, and on the other hand of the WoordPress + WooCommerce integration plugin with Mautic, now the data of visits are being collected well, the data of an imported contact is merged well with the data of the same contact once he has visited the store and its tracking is updated on the web.

So far everything is going well and I rule out bugs with Mautic version 4.2.1. :+1:

Thank you very much :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @gnumax!

Can you click on “Solved” if that helped?

Pierre

1 Like

I don’t see the “Solved” button in the thread, sorry. :thinking:

Hello @gnumax,

After discussion with @rcheesley I understood that this feature exists only in #support ; sorry :wink:

Pierre

1 Like