Using A Company as a Segment Contact

Hello! I am new to all of this and I was wondering if there is any way I can use a companies general information as a contact in a segment. As far as I can see I cannot add a company to a segment, unless I have an actual contact under that company, even if that company has a general email address associated with it.

Does this mean that I MUST have an actual contact entered in under a company in order to market to them? I can make a generic contact under the companies with the general email associated with it, then add it to a segment, but it would be much easier if I did not have to do that and I could just add the companies themselves.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello! I am new to all of this and I was wondering if there is any way I can use a companies general information as a contact in a segment. As far as I can see I cannot add a company to a segment, unless I have an actual contact under that company, even if that company has a general email address associated with it.

Does this mean that I MUST have an actual contact entered in under a company in order to market to them? I can make a generic contact under the companies with the general email associated with it, then add it to a segment, but it would be much easier if I did not have to do that and I could just add the companies themselves.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes your understanding is correct.
In order to market to a company’s general email address, you need to create it as a contact under the Company in Mautic.
The way Mautic’s current hierarchy works is that you can only add Contacts, not Companies to a Segment.

What might also be useful is if Mautic allowed adding an entire company’s contacts to a Segment, in the event you wanted to send communication to all the influencers/decision makers with an organization. You can currently do that by going to the Contacts view, filtering using the command company:"Autoize" and manually adding all the contacts that are returned, to the desired segment.