Using form field content in an email

Hello!

I need help drawing my campaign.

For an example, imagine that I want to create 10 campaigns and they will all do the same actions. One of these actions is to send a highly personalized email that needs at least 2 specific fields (that will have a different content according to the campaign).

A lead can be in more than one campaign at the same time, so I would need to create at least 20 specific fields in my leads’ profile. I don’t want to do that. This is going to be something frequent so it will end up polluting my leads’ profile with several fields.

I’d like to work with forms. Fill in a form with everything that I need and then use the form fields to fill my email message.

I tried using {formfield=…} in campaign forms and standalone forms, but Mautic (v2.1.1) didn’t recognize it.

Is it possible? Does anyone know how to do it?

Hello!

I need help drawing my campaign.

For an example, imagine that I want to create 10 campaigns and they will all do the same actions. One of these actions is to send a highly personalized email that needs at least 2 specific fields (that will have a different content according to the campaign).

A lead can be in more than one campaign at the same time, so I would need to create at least 20 specific fields in my leads’ profile. I don’t want to do that. This is going to be something frequent so it will end up polluting my leads’ profile with several fields.

I’d like to work with forms. Fill in a form with everything that I need and then use the form fields to fill my email message.

I tried using {formfield=…} in campaign forms and standalone forms, but Mautic (v2.1.1) didn’t recognize it.

Is it possible? Does anyone know how to do it?

The description makes it difficult, if you can mention a use case might make it easier. It seems to me that you might want to be using “Tags” instead of “Custom Fields” - it’s supported in campaigns as well.

In case you want to use Dynamic Content in Emails, this seems to be coming out in the next version as per the currently merged pull request: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/2574

Sorry about the confusion!
My main question is: how can I use content from a form field inside my emails?
(This form field is not linked to a contact field).

I got your use case.

• User fills out a form with 2 variables like “short bio” “personal_photo_link”
  • You run a campaign such that you send an email including “short bio” and “personal_photo_link” submitted

I’m not aware of a method in which we can reference the content of a submitted form field in Mautic without storing it as a contact field, but it seems like a potentially good idea.

Good news is with the “Dynamic Content in Email” feature makes it possible to add non-contactfield info in Emails. If it becomes possible to store form fields in an Email dynamic content that would solve your problem.

You might want to suggest this feature by commenting here:
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/2574