UTM tag Contact properties and reporting

If UTM tags were properties of the contact, then these tags could be used for things like segmentation and reporting. Right now there is no way to use the UTM tag info from the contact timeline and the only value they add is to manually view their source one by one.

Related to this request: #4166

I agree this would be a very useful feature for tracking ROI from paid ads etc…

+10000 for this
I just discovered this issue and I’m scratching my head that it’s even an issue.
I need to pass a report to the marketing department with a list of known contacts that originally came from an 3rd-Party remarking campaign. Despite all the necessary data being there already, there is no easy and clean way to do this. My reports only show the anonymous record with no email or names, and no way to obtain those.
The only way I can currently make this report is by hand, manually looking at all contacts in a segment and manually locating those that have the 3rd-party UTM tag in their “contact identified” records.
This is a must-have feature.

This would be a very good feature to have!

Maybe my workaround will help someone having a similar problem. I create a segment with the following filter:
visited url contains utm_campaign=NAME

This solves some of my needs.

2 Likes

I just heard that this feature got mentioned in the Mauticast. :slight_smile: I started working on this last week. Hope to finish it soon (testing missing). https://github.com/adiwegs/mautic/tree/track-utm-tags-from-url

1 Like

I just created a PR. Please help with testing https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/9265

Hello,
any news about UTM tracking? Is there any way to attach UTM to a contact?
I would need to know If my leads came from advertising or not

thanks!

at the end I solved with this clever solution:

1 Like

10 default contact fields that capture the most recent and the original UTM values for:

1. utm_campaign
  2. utm_source
  3. utm_medium
  4. utm_content
  5. utm_term

The original utm field could be a calculated field, something like mentioned in this discussion - Automatic lead source tracking - #7 by ledzee

The most recent value would be the most recent value of the utm on form submission or campaign event field changes or list upload.

To calculate all the “in between” touches, it will have to be a history table of the all of the combination of these values. Maybe a custom object?

• Implemented with Mautic 4 /EG -