Waiting long time to send emails in campaign

Hello everyone,

Maybe someone will tell me is it a bug or is it normal activity. When I set a simple campaign, to send email to lead list, the leads are updating very fast (cron job is set every minute), but I have to wait for about 30 minutes to get emails send (emails are in the Queue and cron job is set every minute). Is it normal? It’s a little bit problem when I’m testing my campaigns, because I have to wait so long to get the emails sent.

Hello everyone,

Maybe someone will tell me is it a bug or is it normal activity. When I set a simple campaign, to send email to lead list, the leads are updating very fast (cron job is set every minute), but I have to wait for about 30 minutes to get emails send (emails are in the Queue and cron job is set every minute). Is it normal? It’s a little bit problem when I’m testing my campaigns, because I have to wait so long to get the emails sent.

It depends on many things. For example:

• The email inbox provided by my hosting company receives new emails with something like 10 minutes delay. So I use Gmail for testing. Gmail is instant.
  • Similar delay can be in the SMTP server you use for sending emails. Try a different one. Gmail works fast for me in this case as well.
  • If you send bigger amount of emails, it can take some time to process them.
  • And of course, it depends on cron configuration, but you ruled out this one.