Where can I list everyone that Unsubscribed?

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about how the unsubscribe feature.

I’m using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.

1. When a lead clicks the unsubscribe link, the lead automatically unsubscribes from all the lists that it was previously added (the lead no longer receives any emails from any campaigns)?
  2. Instead of unsubscribing from a list. Can I create a link that is also called “unsubscribe” but it moves the lead from it’s current list to a list with everyone that has unsubscribed?
  3. Where can I list everyone that is unsubscribed?

Please send me a link to the documentation or forum thread if this has already been asked. I’ve tried to search for a while and I can’t find the answer.

Thank you!

-Rui

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about how the unsubscribe feature.

I’m using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.

1. When a lead clicks the unsubscribe link, the lead automatically unsubscribes from all the lists that it was previously added (the lead no longer receives any emails from any campaigns)?
  2. Instead of unsubscribing from a list. Can I create a link that is also called “unsubscribe” but it moves the lead from it’s current list to a list with everyone that has unsubscribed?
  3. Where can I list everyone that is unsubscribed?

Please send me a link to the documentation or forum thread if this has already been asked. I’ve tried to search for a while and I can’t find the answer.
Thank you!
-Rui

Hello, I have the same question as Rui. Could you help me please? Thank you so much! Zuzana

There are several ways you can do this, but not using the Mautic generated unsubscribe link. For example you can send them to a unsubscribe form that will add the unsubscribed tag to their record. Then create a list on this tag.

The problem you are going to run into though is, Mautic is not that robust when choosing who to send an email to, its not easy to send an email to people based on criteria.

Im running into the same situation, but my plan is to create my own unsubscribe link to remove the user from a specific campaign. I don’t want to unsubscribe the user from ALL emails just the one campaign they are in when they received the email. Other systems have this sort of thing, and I think it works best to retain your list while respecting the user’s wishes to stop receiving emails pertaining to a particular campaign.

This will require a little API magic, but thats just how it goes! All good.

@trops curious what your solution was and if you decided to handle via the API.

I did find this work around but it seems inelegant and hacky

https://medium.com/@NinJoan/simplest-way-to-make-a-unsubscribe-system-for-mautic-4f307850cce2#.vlmny6p6q