unsubscribe options

I am starting to explore Mautic. I already have a MailChimp account used for newsletters and a SendGrid account used for some marketing email as well…

If I send out a newsletter to a list with Mautic but through Mailchimp, will the MailChimp opt-out footer still show up for the reciptients?

The Mautic documentation says:

Mautic has a built in means of allowing a lead to unsubscribe from email communication. If using the builder, simply drag and drop the Unsubscribe Text or Unsubscribe URL tokens into your email. Or insert {unsubscribe_text} or {unsubscribe_url} into your custom HTML. The unsubscribe text token will insert a sentence with a link instructing the lead to click to unsubscribe. The unsubscribe URL token will simply insert the URL into your custom written instructions.

However, since I have several types of newsletters, I’d like to have the more sophisticated option one often sees these days upon “unsubscribe” – whereby the users is given the option to “manage” their various newsletter subscriptions. Is that possible?

Here is an example of what I mean from JetBllue:

Only send me deals related to…

[ ] Fare deals [ ] TrueBlue offers [ ] Getaways offers

[ ] Please remove me from all JetBlue deals

ALSO – unsubscribe forms often have a survey asking why the person is unsubscribing, is that easy to do with Mautic?

I am starting to explore Mautic. I already have a MailChimp account used for newsletters and a SendGrid account used for some marketing email as well…

If I send out a newsletter to a list with Mautic but through Mailchimp, will the MailChimp opt-out footer still show up for the reciptients?

The Mautic documentation says:

Mautic has a built in means of allowing a lead to unsubscribe from email communication. If using the builder, simply drag and drop the Unsubscribe Text or Unsubscribe URL tokens into your email. Or insert {unsubscribe_text} or {unsubscribe_url} into your custom HTML. The unsubscribe text token will insert a sentence with a link instructing the lead to click to unsubscribe. The unsubscribe URL token will simply insert the URL into your custom written instructions.

However, since I have several types of newsletters, I’d like to have the more sophisticated option one often sees these days upon “unsubscribe” – whereby the users is given the option to “manage” their various newsletter subscriptions. Is that possible?

Here is an example of what I mean from JetBllue:

Only send me deals related to…
[ ] Fare deals [ ] TrueBlue offers [ ] Getaways offers
[ ] Please remove me from all JetBlue deals

ALSO – unsubscribe forms often have a survey asking why the person is unsubscribing, is that easy to do with Mautic?

Hi,

I suppose you could build your own unsubscribe page with a form that asks several questions that you need. You could then use that form as a campaign source and check the submitted form values tomadd/remove the lead from the appropriate lists that get sent each category of materials.

You can add anything to a form to add why the lead is unsubscribing.

Linh

So you would not be able to present the user his current status of subscriptions. You let him blindly make his new selection and then handle it accordingly?

Is there any discussion in development for a “Manage Subscription” feature in which a contact can go to page and see what lists they are on and select which ones they want to be on or off of?

Most if not all enterprise automation services have this feature.

I’m checking out if there were any update to that. A “Manage Subscription” feature is necessary where users:

1. Know the lists they are currently registered to
  2. Be able to add, remove themselves from other lists

Are there any active work in this regard?

Check this out
https://medium.com/@NinJoan/simplest-way-to-make-a-unsubscribe-system-for-mautic-4f307850cce2#.c8rv0ib6i

The solution @ninjoan posted above seems like a pretty hacky way to deal with subscription management.

I agree with @glen206, this seems like a pretty crucial feature. It’s an issue I’m currently dealing with as well.

Here’s a youtube video explaining this feature that @MxyzptlkFishStix referenced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROLD5Ik_B8