Who REALLY uses Mautic

@JoPitts: Back to your initial question: I use Mautic for:

1. Send Newsletters
  2. Segment my subscribers based on theis activities
  3. Deliver my online Courses

It’s two small systems, but I am very proud on my 500 Subscribers :slight_smile:

At the moment it’s a bit boring to complain here about the quality of Mautic. I suffered heavily on the fuckin update from 1.x to 2.x and I really mean it. I am still on 2.5 and I am afraid to change it.

The thing sends mails, that works. It breaks my mind to see, that Mautic still can’t deal with RSS-Feeds, people ask for it since the beginning. For this I still need to run the MailPoet Plugin, pathetic.

My main reason to go Mautic was the Campaign Builder. THIS gives flexibility. Sure, the deeper you dive, the more borders you hit. But I like to have the flexibility.

Segmenting the subscribers based on their activity seems to work. Based on the discussion here on the accuracy of Mautic I’m a bit afraid, that I loose half of their activities…

More interesting than the question “what are you using Mautic fore” is maybe: “why are you using Mautic”
My answer is this: I’m in Germany and here we have devastating laws on everything. So I am on a good path, when I run the systems by myself. And not in the United States.
I see some providers here, but none can give me the flexibility the Campaign Builder has. And to be real: They are expensive.

So I keep on praying, Mautic and the developers make the turn.

OLAF

@abb

Do you contribute documentation? NO
Do you contribute code? NO
Do you contribute in any manner that is positive? NO

rm -fr @abb > /dev/null 2>&1

I like how after running out of logical arguments the @redneckbob starts acting like a real redneck. :slight_smile:

Logic (or any kind of brain use) is not your strength, @redneckbob, is it?
If it was, you would have realized that I’m a (potential) USER for this software, not a coder.

And I outlined above why it would be not only stupid but just plain impossible for me to contribute anything meaningful to documentation (even if I wanted to). But understanding simple concepts is apparently a very difficult thing for you.

Once again, you would need brain to understand that being “positive” is not always a good thing.
When things are shit, you’ve got to point that out instead of smiling.
But this idea is very hard to grasp for rednecks and for snowflakes.

@MxyzptlkFishStix
What makes you think that I’m using Mautic in business?
I have never used Mautic in a production environment in business because (as I pointed out already) there has never been a version of Mautic that’s fit for use in a production environment.
But I certainly would like to use it!
That’s what my criticism/feedback is for.
I’m telling the management (in case they are listening) what’s wrong with their software and how to improve.
Is it a hard concept to grasp?
Or do you prefer driving a car for business where only 2 of the 4 wheels are turning?

@imautic re:

True enough. However, right now I have more time than dollars in the budget, so it is better for me to work to find solutions within the mautic sphere. Despite my frustrations, I am happy to do this.

My next task (after some of @MxyzptlkFishStix’s comments) is to learn how to integrate PRs into my test environment so I can test some of these and contribute more fully in that regard.

Cheers
Jo