WooCommerce and Mautic integration plugin - problem with customer tracking

Hi guys,

I am developing an integration between woocommerce and Mautic. This integration will create new contacts when a customer place an order, as well as sync previous woocommerce customers to Mautic. This plugin also allows to set product name, product SKU and order status as tags.

Everything is working so far except for tracking. Meaning, web activity of contacts are not being detected. This plugin also sends the contact IP, which I though it would enable precious web tracking (by merging the previous collected tracking from the IP to the newly created contact). However, this is not the case.

I was wondering if any of you could let me

Know how to accomplish this.

Hi guys,

I am developing an integration between woocommerce and Mautic. This integration will create new contacts when a customer place an order, as well as sync previous woocommerce customers to Mautic. This plugin also allows to set product name, product SKU and order status as tags.

Everything is working so far except for tracking. Meaning, web activity of contacts are not being detected. This plugin also sends the contact IP, which I though it would enable precious web tracking (by merging the previous collected tracking from the IP to the newly created contact). However, this is not the case.

I was wondering if any of you could let me
Know how to accomplish this.

Yep its installed and working

Right now unidentified leads by IP are showing up. My assumption was that once a customer makes a purchase and the contact is created in Mautic with the IP, if there is tracked activity for that IP it would be assigned to the contact that was just created.

Anyone

Awesome thanks, but it seems I can’t join the channel without a mautic email address. Would you be so kind to post the link to this question in there?

I checked and I realised that the unidentified and identified contacts have the same IP ID, then the question is does the system not automatically merge these two? When I send the contact from WooCommerce through the API, do I need to check if the IP already exist, and if it does use that unidentified contact ID to populate the contact fields?

An ip address can be shared by multiple users (eg multiple people in a office or home on the same connection).

You would need to push the contacts to Mautic with a field which is set to be a unique identifier like an email address, then any existing contact with the same email would be updated rather than a new contact being created.

I think a user needs an account to purchase products (?) so you should have an email address in the system that could be sent with the order information.

Another option would be to create a new unique field for the Wordpress user ID or username and then pass that with the information.

There was some progress with this woocommerce plugin?

Yes SIP Mautic integration for WooCommerce