Yes/No question inline email

I am wondering how I could create an email with a per-lead link for questions like

"hi $firstname

Are you interested in this ?

YES - NO

Where “yes/no” update the lead fields ?

Or eventually :

Rate this : [ 1-2-3-4-5 ]

Where 1,2…5 are links updating the lead field.

Then the email would point to a thank you page with $firstname.

It was Pat Flynn, you can google that.

Since the mautic community isn’t yet a hotbed of strategy, I am learning strategy from folks using Convert Kit and Drip.

[quote=9243:@Adam]Hmm this seems really simple. In a campaign you can say, if lead clicks on link A > add tag A, link B > add tag B

I know several marketers already do this to segment their list. It’s all done via links.[/quote]
Doh ! :slight_smile: Thank you Adam.

I am wondering how I could create an email with a per-lead link for questions like
"hi $firstname

Are you interested in this ?
YES - NO

Where “yes/no” update the lead fields ?
Or eventually :
Rate this : [ 1-2-3-4-5 ]
Where 1,2…5 are links updating the lead field.

Then the email would point to a thank you page with $firstname.

Hi,

I’ve never seen forms placed inline in emails before so cannot advice. I’ve done it by asking uses to click through to a Landing page with a form that they can fill in. With a form, you can record values and also update lead fields as well.

Mautic doesn’t support personalisations of landing pages as far as I’m aware. I have created a plugin that would probably work and you’re welcome to have. Have a look here:

http://app.mk8r.com/personalisedlandingpage

Linh

The idea here is to skip the form stage, and get simple answers from readers directly in their email client.

The links themselves would be generated as

http://yoursite.com/{a unique ID for this lead+field, setting it to value YES} http://yoursite.com/{a unique ID for this lead+field, setting it to value NO}

We when you click on a link on the email, you get redirected to a “thank you” page.

I believe it is possible to do this somehow, I just can’t figure it out yet : any ideas ?

I see,

I know it’s possible to prefill a form on the landing page with the lead fields and also the yes/no answer. I wonder if it’s possible to write a js script to auto submit the form so in effect when the user clicks through to the yes or no link then the they also submit the form at the same time.

The only way I know to record answers in a clean manner is to use forms.

Hmm this seems really simple. In a campaign you can say, if lead clicks on link A > add tag A, link B > add tag B

I know several marketers already do this to segment their list. It’s all done via links.

hmm, good idea Adam. I didn’t think of checking the visit page condition to update lead.

Also, I notice there’s an Update Lead event on campaign builder with version 1.3 as well so seems like you can update the lead field if you want as well.

I don’t deserve any credit on it, I picked it up from a very popular podcaster that is using the exact technique to segment his list right after they subscribe. I thought the simplicity of it was genius.