1st email not sent

I am still trying to get mautic to send first message as I tried using my hosting ( hostmonister ) sendmail. php and tried gmail and SendGrid, all don,t get the command from mautic to send the first email using single opt in or double opt in, I am using template form. I can’t find the spool directory in mautic and need help to find out why mautic is not working. I tried mautic from mautic website and it worked first them it was very slow in sending the newsletter emails . Please if any body has a sequence check up that I can follow to find out where mautic signal stop. I am sure that my hosting server is working efficiently as far as send emails as I am using many web email accounts of three domains . I tried another domain but still the same problem exist. I wish mautic senior developers investigate this problem . I am really impressed by mautic software but hasn’t the chance to investigate it further since the first step which is sending the confirmation email does not work. I appreciate if any body has the right procedure to check and solve this problem, I read many mautic users suffer from fault.

I am still trying to get mautic to send first message as I tried using my hosting ( hostmonister ) sendmail. php and tried gmail and SendGrid, all don,t get the command from mautic to send the first email using single opt in or double opt in, I am using template form. I can’t find the spool directory in mautic and need help to find out why mautic is not working. I tried mautic from mautic website and it worked first them it was very slow in sending the newsletter emails . Please if any body has a sequence check up that I can follow to find out where mautic signal stop. I am sure that my hosting server is working efficiently as far as send emails as I am using many web email accounts of three domains . I tried another domain but still the same problem exist. I wish mautic senior developers investigate this problem . I am really impressed by mautic software but hasn’t the chance to investigate it further since the first step which is sending the confirmation email does not work. I appreciate if any body has the right procedure to check and solve this problem, I read many mautic users suffer from fault.

I can’t do too much troubleshooting right this minute, but I wonder if you’ve setup the cron jobs to actually process the campaigns and email sends? Be sure to check here:
https://www.mautic.org/getting-started/

[quote=7768:@dbhurley]I can’t do too much troubleshooting right this minute, but I wonder if you’ve setup the cron jobs to actually process the campaigns and email sends? Be sure to check here:
https://www.mautic.org/getting-started/[/quote]

Yes the cron jobs have been set up as recommended by mautic documentation and I have actually installed mautic many times on more than one domain and get the same result, unable to send automatically the first email but able to send manually emails to subscriber whom I add manually to leads list.

upon checking mautic/app/error_log, I have error " 27-Jan-2016 15:46:01] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or ‘(’ in /home1/homebux8/public_html/mautic/app/console on line 18" . I opened console file but couldn’t find it, are we suppose to count blank lines or not. Any help is much appreciated.

Make sure you are updated to PHP version 5.3+. I was getting similar errors when I was running a pre-5.2 version.

Even after I updated, I was having trouble running stored .php commands, so I set them up to run directly in the cron job.

i.e. instead of creating a .php file and telling the cron job to access the file, I simply inserted the console commands directly into the cron job

Example: */15 * * * * /usr/bin/php /path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send

Instead of doing: <?php path/to/mautic/app/console mautic:emails:send; ?> store to emailqueue.php
*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php /path/to/localdirectory/emailqueue.php

Just set this and haven’t tested any emails, so we’ll find out soon how it works