Confirmation email not Sent

Hi,

I have installed and configured mautic in my hosting server (hostmonster) and been trying for days to get the first message to go through using send mail after setting all the cron jobs recommended by mautic but still the first email asking for confirmation for the double opt in is not going through and can’t find out if the problem incomparability of mautic system or the server, I also tried php but the email did not get through to the subscriber, then I opened an account with mautic and tried one campaign and put the same above settings and configurations, the first confirmation email went through and the system worked with not problems. I looked through posts in mautic forums and found lots of questions about this problem but did not find a simple solution to it. I have tried a simple autoresponder script using send mail in my above server using one cron job and it works with no problems. Any suggestion of a solution to this problem is much appreciated. I am not a programmer but a hard ware person.

Hi,
I have installed and configured mautic in my hosting server (hostmonster) and been trying for days to get the first message to go through using send mail after setting all the cron jobs recommended by mautic but still the first email asking for confirmation for the double opt in is not going through and can’t find out if the problem incomparability of mautic system or the server, I also tried php but the email did not get through to the subscriber, then I opened an account with mautic and tried one campaign and put the same above settings and configurations, the first confirmation email went through and the system worked with not problems. I looked through posts in mautic forums and found lots of questions about this problem but did not find a simple solution to it. I have tried a simple autoresponder script using send mail in my above server using one cron job and it works with no problems. Any suggestion of a solution to this problem is much appreciated. I am not a programmer but a hard ware person.

Hello. I’m very new in Mautic (this is my first post here), so I can’t tell you anything specific, but as general way, maybe you should conduct some checkings at differents levels to localise the issue :

I would start to check if sendmail and/or postfix is sending any mail : I mean :

1. Does sendmail or postfix installed?
  2. Does sendmail or postfix up and running?
  3. Does sendmail or postfix not blocked by some iptables rules?
  4. Does the sendmail or postfix queue empty or not?
  5. What is the relay host used (declared in its config) by sendmail?

Of course, the best is to have a telnet/SSH access to your account, but ask to hostmonster if you don’t know how to or can’t check by yourself one or all these points.

And for PHP, it’s the same : first, take a test with something outside of Mautic.
For example using something like this in the console (to send an email with default PHP user) :

php -r'mail("anemailofyours@somewhere.net", "TEST", "Test Email");'

Thanks for your suggestions above but as I mentioned, I have tried an autoresponder software that use sendmail in my server and it is working efficiently, it seems that mautic needs some specific settings within servers for the send mail to get mautic email to go through.

If you use different email transfer than what you are trying to use, for example GMail is easy one to set up, does Mautic send emails then?

Yeah, I see it now, but I didn’t in a first pass because you written “send mail” and not “sendmail”. Well, about Mautic, I leave you with escopecz :wink:

Thanks, I need your help to set up gmail for sending mautic messages.

Go to Mautic configuration, Email Settings, select GMail as the email transport, fill in your GMail email address and password you use to log into GMail inbox.

I followed your instructions, when trying to test it, it returns time out error. I have actually tested my host sendmail using an autoresponder software and is working well for the past two years, so there seems to be special settings for Mautic which is missing, has it got any thing to do with SPF and DKIM records.[quote=7512:@escopecz]Go to Mautic configuration, Email Settings, select GMail as the email transport, fill in your GMail email address and password you use to log into GMail inbox.[/quote]

Maybe you are missing some PHP library. Check the server logs and the logs in [mautic_root_dir]/app/logs for details. Also, make sure the file/folder permissions are correct and that Mautic can write to its own files. Check the “System info” section in Mautic.

Had a similar problem. It appears that Hostmonster doesn’t allow outgoing connections on 465 or 25:

https://my.hostmonster.com/cgi/help/500

Therefore, I don’t think that anyone will be able to send email through Gmail from Mautic using a Hostmonster hosted account.

Is there any way around this?