2.5 Editor

I upgraded to version 2.5.1 (at least I think I did) but it does not appear that I am seeing all of the changes to the editor as they are demonstrated on a video I watched.

The WYSIWYG editor is separate and to the right of the preview pane. I can edit the html of text boxes and I can go to full screen mode in the wysiwyg ore html editor.

However, when I drag a new slot on to the pane on the left side of the screen I do not see the “nice big purple box” described in the video; only the thin line.

It also appears in the videos I’ve watched that the handle for the slots has changed as well and I don’t see that change either. The video shows a little white box in the the top right corner of the slot which I assume would be used to delete the slot though that is not demonstrated. However, I still only see a little black “x” above the slot. Which btw is nearly impossible to click since moving the mouse to just above the slot to attempt to click the “x” actually highlights the slot above the one I am trying to delete.

Am I doing something wrong?

I’m new to all of this so please be gentle. :-)

In what aspect you said the Mautic is not ready for prime time? @imautic

I upgraded to version 2.5.1 (at least I think I did) but it does not appear that I am seeing all of the changes to the editor as they are demonstrated on a video I watched.

The WYSIWYG editor is separate and to the right of the preview pane. I can edit the html of text boxes and I can go to full screen mode in the wysiwyg ore html editor.

However, when I drag a new slot on to the pane on the left side of the screen I do not see the “nice big purple box” described in the video; only the thin line.

It also appears in the videos I’ve watched that the handle for the slots has changed as well and I don’t see that change either. The video shows a little white box in the the top right corner of the slot which I assume would be used to delete the slot though that is not demonstrated. However, I still only see a little black “x” above the slot. Which btw is nearly impossible to click since moving the mouse to just above the slot to attempt to click the “x” actually highlights the slot above the one I am trying to delete.

Am I doing something wrong?

I’m new to all of this so please be gentle. :slight_smile:

I’m also having a great deal of trouble moving slots once they are placed initially.

I click in the slot and see the 4 headed arrow movement mouse icon, but when attempting to more the slot the only thing that occurs is that the text gets higlighted as I move the mouse over other slots. This makes it impossible to reposition a slot.

I also am not able to place a new slot below the current bottom slot.

SOMETIMES, if I exit the editor and come back in this behavior changes and improves temporarily.

it’s the browser!

I was using Chrome. Switched to IE and things are better.

This editor is impossible!!!

I really need this software but if I spend untold hours of frustration simply trying to move a button from one place to another the software is ultimately unusable.

Is it possible to use a different landing page and email editor?

[quote=18804:@bobyon]This editor is impossible!!!

I really need this software but if I spend untold hours of frustration simply trying to move a button from one place to another the software is ultimately unusable.

Is it possible to use a different landing page and email editor?[/quote]
I can understand the sentiment.
After spending months setting up, learning and troubleshooting mautic, I have come to the conclusion that I will NOT be using it as my primary email marketing / marketing automation software. It is just not ready for prime time. While it provides some “cool” features, it lacks the fundamental ones, and the features it does have, they are either clunky or not working properly. The user experience is poor and the whole platform just does not feel solid. It feels like a public beta software.

The landing page and email editors seem VERY buggy. I’ve spent days trying to create a simple landing page and email.

Now, that was with my hosted version and I’m willing to admit I may not have it installed properly. But the install is pretty straightforward and I’m not a total newbie.

As a last resort, I looked again at the Mautic.net version. I avoided that version at first because I thought there was a cost involved. Having looked again today I do not see that, so, I tried creating my landing page with that version and things went better.

I still find it a little clunky but at least I was able to put the various components on the page and eventually move them to where I wanted them. (initially it does not place them on the page where I want them and I have to find them and reposition them.)

I have however encountered another issue. Part of my page includes a button. I attempted to add some code to the button that I obtained from PayPal. After pasting that code into the Button Link area, the button, and other links on the page, got completely fouled up. I can no longer select, update or even delete those buttons and links. It’s like they are now embedded in the page in a non-slot area.

I really like what I see in Mautic, and I love the idea of open source. And, I’m willing to pay a little bit to get things setup properly where it can be used properly. I’m hoping the email I just sent to Mautic will get me that support for a reasonable cost.

@ninjoan It might be easier for me to answer if your question is what aspect of Mautic is ready for prime time. I think the visual campaign builder is a cool feature, but for that to be meaningful to users, the basic features have to be there (they are not), user experiences have to be good (they are not), the system has to be solid and dependable, but it is not there yet.
I am not writing mautic off, and I am keeping my mautic installation just to keep an eye on it. But will I use it for my business? not just yet.