a retail use case question

All,

here is a use case for you:

• Imagine a wine shop.
  • We know the purchase ratio of red vs white wine (we’ll ignore varieties for simplicity) for their customers.

We want to send a weekly email featuring products on special

In the interests of relevancy we want to do the following:
  • Have a hero message featuring a great deal on a wine that falls into their predominant category (red or white)
  • have a product grid of say 9 products, that are displayed in the email in the ratio based on their purchases. I don’t mind determining these products externally.

In the interests of automation we want to do the following:
  • Upload the hero offer as an asset (image and link)
  • Upload all potential products that appear in peoples product grids as assets (image and link)
  • Have the news letter execute either automatically once a week, or with a single button click.

How on earth do I go about doing this. I’m either missing some obvious stuff, or this is harder than I thought.

BTW - I’ve got many more real world type use cases. As I submit them and get answers, I will generate ‘how to’ type documentation for the community to leverage and improve upon.

Cheers

Jo

All,
here is a use case for you:

• Imagine a wine shop.
  • We know the purchase ratio of red vs white wine (we’ll ignore varieties for simplicity) for their customers.

We want to send a weekly email featuring products on special

In the interests of relevancy we want to do the following:

• Have a hero message featuring a great deal on a wine that falls into their predominant category (red or white)
  • have a product grid of say 9 products, that are displayed in the email in the ratio based on their purchases. I don’t mind determining these products externally.

In the interests of automation we want to do the following:

• Upload the hero offer as an asset (image and link)
  • Upload all potential products that appear in peoples product grids as assets (image and link)
  • Have the news letter execute either automatically once a week, or with a single button click.

How on earth do I go about doing this. I’m either missing some obvious stuff, or this is harder than I thought.

BTW - I’ve got many more real world type use cases. As I submit them and get answers, I will generate ‘how to’ type documentation for the community to leverage and improve upon.

Cheers
Jo

Following – this type of use cases I really would like read up on… so please do share.