Ability to specify different email gateways to use for different purposes

Currently you can only configure one email service (i.e. Sendgrid, Mandrill, SES). It would be nice to be able to specify different email gateways to use for different purposes. (e.g. Transaction Email vs Marketing Email)

Each email gateway could be specific to campaign or email.

Having different IPs for these different purposes allows to manage domain reputation and is critical to avoid disruption of transactional emails because of promotional campaigns

This feature is critical for those who want to process transactional/notifications AND promotional emails, altogether in Mautic, in order to have the full view of the communications with contact accross all the touchpoints/channels.

The lack of this feature jeopardize transactional notification, whenever lead has marked DNC for promotional.

Each email use by default the primary email gateway, unless it is set otherwise in the email template.

This is something very interesting!

No news? This feature is something that would be extremely useful for our organization

Currently i have another issue that may be considered in this feature request.

If u have a sever that u use to mail. And some provider blocks your ISP because they disagree on something. U have to switch all your mails to another service because one ISP won’t allow your mail.

I think it would be nice to make some rules for it. Mail to domain x, bulk mail/priority. use provider X or provider Y. Maybe even depending on the number of queued items for this provider. So u can use it to balance the load over multiple providers (for whatever reason).

1 Like

This feature is important one! It is essentially bring Mailwizz’s core feature into Mautic. You can add multiple SMTPs and specify exact SMTP for each email/campaign you want to send

My idea is:

Unless I don’t see it already implemented (?), a simple idea would be to have different mail setups for transactional from marketing email messages.

Should be easy to implement.

It’s important to keep mailsender IPs and reputation clean.

Thanks.

Pretty sure this is a duplicate of one of our top voted feature requests: Ability to specify different email gateways to use for different purposes

1 Like

Yes it is! Thank you! Keep it in mind.

1 Like

Merged into the existing topic - please do use your vote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would be interesting to configure the provider based on the email address. Then later on there could be an overwrite for certain emails or campaigns. Now switching to a different provider if an ISP is blocking your mail would be a very interesting feature as well.