Accept Terms Before Login

Joining the Mautic community! I’ve got a couple proofs-of-concept left, but Mautic does look like the solution for me.

I need my users that login to accept the terms and conditions of the service before before they can access the UI. The terms and conditions may update from time to time, so I’ll need to track if they’ve agreed to the latest.

Any suggestions on programming this? Please let me know where I should be looking.

Hi @RaginCajun

Not sure, whih UI you refert to, but I assume, some external Website. So, here is hor I would do it:

1. Create the T&C Page somewhere.
  2. Create a Landingpage in Mautic, that ONLY forwards to this page. The Mautic page itself is empty.
  3. Create a Mautic Mail, that sais “Hi, please accept our T&C” and add the Link to the Mautic Landingpage, something like {pagelink=1} into it.
  4. Create a Mautic Campaign, that sends the Mail. Next event in this Campaign then is a “visits a page” Event, which gets fired, once the Lead visits the Page. Here you select your Mautic Landingpage. This is the only reason for the Maitic Landingpage: With this Mautic can see, if someone clicked on it. I wouldn’t build one real Landingpage in Mautic at all.

Now you can see, if the Lead visited your T&C Page.

There will be an “I accept your T&C” Link, or so. This one I would do in the same way: The Link points to a Mautic Landingpage. This is empty and only forwards to your real “Okay, NOW we go and make business”-Page.

Everything the Lead dies can be seen in Mautic in this way. And agreed: You can even create these pages directly in Mautic.

Hope that helps
OLAF

Joining the Mautic community! I’ve got a couple proofs-of-concept left, but Mautic does look like the solution for me.

I need my users that login to accept the terms and conditions of the service before before they can access the UI. The terms and conditions may update from time to time, so I’ll need to track if they’ve agreed to the latest.

Any suggestions on programming this? Please let me know where I should be looking.

Hey mod, put [SOLVED] in the tile so we’ll know this one is, well, solved.