Adding "Replies to email" to Campaign Decisions

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if there’s a way to add “Replies to email” to the list of Decisions in a campaign (in order to trigger workflow events).

Currently there is “Opens email,” “Downloads asset,” “Submits form,” and “Visits a page.” However, it would be very useful for me if Mautic could also track when a user has replied to a campaign email, and build my decision tree around it.

Here’s why: I’m a salesperson who does a combination of telephone and email prospecting for new leads. It would be immensely helpful if, when I don’t get a hold of someone on my first call/email attempt, I could add them to a short-term drip Campaign that begins to automatically follow up with them (with automated emails) every day, or every few days for a week or two, in order to provoke a response.

If at any point my target lead responds to one of those automated follow up emails, though - whether to tell me they are interested or not - obviously I would not want additional follow up emails in the automated sequence to be sent.

Right now it would seem I must manually remove such leads from the Campaign if/when they respond, but this is inconvenient and inefficient. Worse yet, let’s say I’m out of the office one day during the campaign and can’t get to my email in time - then it’s possible I might not be able to remove someone from the Campaign (who has replied) before it sends them another automated email. This could be frustrating or at least confusing for my target leads if they have already replied.

Note that existing opt-out functionality doesn’t quite cut it. Some target leads who do want to opt-out won’t always hit the “opt out” link in emails - many will simply reply with a quick request to unsubscribe (I know this from experience). Plus, for the target leads who are interested in starting a business conversation with me, well - they would not be hitting an opt-out button anyways.

Please let me know if there’s a way to incorporate this functionality, or if there are any workarounds / scripts that can be used to accomplish this. Thank you!

Hey guys, I wanted to ask if there’s a way to add “Replies to email” to the list of Decisions in a campaign (in order to trigger workflow events).

Currently there is “Opens email,” “Downloads asset,” “Submits form,” and “Visits a page.” However, it would be very useful for me if Mautic could also track when a user has replied to a campaign email, and build my decision tree around it.

Here’s why: I’m a salesperson who does a combination of telephone and email prospecting for new leads. It would be immensely helpful if, when I don’t get a hold of someone on my first call/email attempt, I could add them to a short-term drip Campaign that begins to automatically follow up with them (with automated emails) every day, or every few days for a week or two, in order to provoke a response.

If at any point my target lead responds to one of those automated follow up emails, though - whether to tell me they are interested or not - obviously I would not want additional follow up emails in the automated sequence to be sent.

Right now it would seem I must manually remove such leads from the Campaign if/when they respond, but this is inconvenient and inefficient. Worse yet, let’s say I’m out of the office one day during the campaign and can’t get to my email in time - then it’s possible I might not be able to remove someone from the Campaign (who has replied) before it sends them another automated email. This could be frustrating or at least confusing for my target leads if they have already replied.

Note that existing opt-out functionality doesn’t quite cut it. Some target leads who do want to opt-out won’t always hit the “opt out” link in emails - many will simply reply with a quick request to unsubscribe (I know this from experience). Plus, for the target leads who are interested in starting a business conversation with me, well - they would not be hitting an opt-out button anyways.

Please let me know if there’s a way to incorporate this functionality, or if there are any workarounds / scripts that can be used to accomplish this. Thank you!

Any word on this?

I didn’t read it all, but it seems there is already a feature request to this:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/425

You are correct, that feature request does appear to be the same thing I’m asking. It’s been open since May 2015 - is there any way to determine if it’ll eventually make its way into development?

Were you able to find the answer to this? I am having the same problem. navidhnj@yahoo.com Thanks!

The ability to take someone off a campaign once they have responded to an email seems like an absolutely critical feature to have in a marketing automation system.

I have created a bounty for this feature at

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/15970434-change-campaign-prompted-by-a-reply-to-an-email

If we all throw in a few bucks hopefully we can speed up the development of this feature.

Cheers,

Ryan

How much does a “bounty” need to get something like this done? I REALLY need this to get done and I’m sure I can throw some money at it if there is some sort of goal…

How would something like this work if your sending name is different from that of the Mautic application?

Example:
I send from example@example.com

My Mautic install is at:
somewhere.test.com

So if someone responds to example@example.com, how would Mautic know about it?

I didn’t see anyone from the community working on it so hard to tell.