Attribute based email targeting

Hi everyone,

let me start by saying I just found out about Mautic today and I’m really impressed by it! Its a really cool piece of software, and its open source.

Ok so I have a question. If I have a list of lets say mechanics and I’m also gathering their geolocation data, using custom fields, is it possible to target a campaign just to mechanics in New York…for example. Or alternatively if I have multiple emails for the same company can I segment them based on the job title (assuming I have the data) and target only people in HRM with a campaign.

Also is it possible to import this data from csv or xml?

This is really crucial for me and Mautic has everything else, I’m only unsure about this one feature.

Hi everyone,

let me start by saying I just found out about Mautic today and I’m really impressed by it! Its a really cool piece of software, and its open source.

Ok so I have a question. If I have a list of lets say mechanics and I’m also gathering their geolocation data, using custom fields, is it possible to target a campaign just to mechanics in New York…for example. Or alternatively if I have multiple emails for the same company can I segment them based on the job title (assuming I have the data) and target only people in HRM with a campaign.

Also is it possible to import this data from csv or xml?

This is really crucial for me and Mautic has everything else, I’m only unsure about this one feature.

Segmenting lists of leads is a cornerstone of marketing automation, so yes, it’s quite easy to target a campaign to a segment of your list.

Start on the Leads|Manage leads page, and filter the list by whatever search term you want (click "?’ for a list of search operators).

You can then select the filtered leads, and use “Batch edit the selected leads lists” or “Batch edit the selected leads campaigns” to add (or remove) the leads from a list or a campaign.

You can also automate the process by setting up a Smart List, which uses a filter to automatically add new leads to the list. So you can set up a “New York” list which detects new leads where the city field is “New York” and adds those leads to the list.

You can read more about smart lists here: https://www.allyde.com/marketer-corner/lesson-3-setting-up-smart-lists

If you go to Leads|Manage Leads you’ll see the import button at the top right; you can import CSV files and assign fields from the imported data to Mautic fields.

Hi Derrick,

thanks for explaining. I’ll read the Smart List link you’ve provided. I though Mautic should support this feature as it’s very basic.

Thanks, regards

Ziga