Best approach for sharing segment data between two mautic instances with different domians

Hello,

I was wondering about the best approach to get data of a dynamic segment of a mautic instance to be added to a segment of another mautic instance on a different domain.

Do we do it on database level, webhooks level, or is there some sort of api or maybe even a plugin that can transfer data between two mautics?

Would love to know how to implement this in a robust way.

Thanks

Hi,
Some questions:
What is the segment size? Why not to use 1 Mautic?
How often is okay to synch? Daily? Weekly? Hourly? Upon request?
Thx,
J

I am fairly new to mautic.

Can we use same mautic to send emails from two or more domains? If yes, then I guess I could use 1 mautic.

Segment size would start from a few hundred and will potentially grow to thousands or even more down the line.

I happy with syncing rate of once per week.

we run multiple instances for certain clients specifically due to the ESP limitation. In order to get around this we have setup some amazing stuff using n8n.io where data is passed through to different instances depending on actions like non/opens no/clicks, page hits etc… and then automatically added to different segments, Basically a monster operation running :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you can have multiple sending domains, there is a plugin for that.
But in general I would go with @mikew 's suggestion.
One more thing: with just a little coding you can also do automatic imports / export between instances using the custom import bundle plugin. It makes sense if you seal with 10k+ data at the time, since the custom import runs in 2 min, with webhooks would take more then 50x.
Joey

1 Like

Hey @joeyk for some reason I have not been able to get the custom import to run with the parallel flags.

Any pointers

@mikew ive had the same issue since updating to 3.x. I change parallel import setting in local.php and then run overlapping crons as a workaround.

1 Like

I never tested parallel imports. I’m not constantly running it, rather as a part of a bash script.

1. Make query and create csv
  2. Run import.

Nice. I will have a look into it for sure.

Thank you.

You’re right, i’ll first try @mikew 's approach and see how it goes.

Thanks!