Campaign: Decisions "within" time doubled if days are selected

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.8
My PHP version is: 7.4.29
My Database type and version is: 10.3.38-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Your problem
The issue is: The actions on the negative branch of 2 and 3 are done after double of the time mentioned for the “within” decision. Details:

• Mautic will wait 2 days first for the Decision to become true
  • if Decision is false, Mautic is scheduling the action after another 2 extra days
  • and then the email will be sent (action will be triggered)
  • if 3 days were set as “within”, then Mautic would wait 3 days for Decision + extra 3 days, then action would be triggered.

:slight_smile: According to this campaign (named TEST-Timing):

:mag: Below you see the history for a contact that entered the campaign on 12 June:

:white_check_mark: The branch 1 was OK. The waiting for 48h worked as expected. It is set like this:

And the email action right after:

:x: For branch 2 was not ok. It is set like this:

:x: For branch 3 was also not ok. It is set like this:

These errors are showing in the log:
Today’s Mautic error log is empty. Check server error log for error messages Mautic didn’t have a chance to catch.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Documented above. I do not know where to look inside the code. Until it is fixed, I will use type 1.

I didn’t find the problem. Your path 2 and 3 waits up to 48h for the decision to become yes, or go the negative path. There you sent the mail to be send 2 days later. That makes 4 days…

2 days for decision → decision made → 2 days until send.

Or did I not understand correctly?

The path 2 and 3:

• waits 2 days
  • for the time frame between 8:00 and 9:00

Only the path 1 waits 48h and this behaves normally.

Here I find the BUG: the behavior is different when choosing 2 days or 48h.

Almost so, better:

2 days for decision → decision not made → 2 days until send.

Here I find the problem, I would expect:

2 days for decision → decision not made → send immediately.

Real use case:

2 days for clicking the email => email not clicked => send reminder immediately

Sending the reminder after 4 days in total, is way too much. Not to mention if we set to 3 days the “within” time.

Sorry, it was a misunderstanding on my side. If it can be recreated it clearly is a bug. I suggest you open a ticket in github. I will give it a try later - maybe someone else can try to recreate earlier.

Hey @IonutOjicaDe

Did you end up creating the bug for it? I am facing the exact same problem. I ran a campaign last year and it worked as expected (I was running 4.3.1 back then). But this year, when I updated my Mautic to 4.4.9, all days are doubled. I reported it here.

No, I did nothing about it, only mentioned here.
I solved it by changing the “within 2 days + between 8:00 and 9:00” by 2 steps:

1. Modify Tag (with no tag inside) and “within 48 hours”
  2. Afterwards the real action (send email) with “after 0 days + between 8:00 and 9:00”

This is a workaround and not the real solution.
The solution would be to solve the bug.

Actually, you could revert the update. Or do you need some new features from 4.4.9 version?

Thanks. Likely will use your workaround.

Re. reverting the updating, I’m afraid that’ll end up corrupting the data (not with Mautic, but with other softwares I’ve not had a good experience in update reverting).

@IonutOjicaDe would you mind creating an issue for that? looks like its confirmed now by @m.hashemian experiencing the same. I will then check this bug and categorize it.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.