Campaign does not trigger a page hit after successfully sending an email

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.
My PHP version is: 7.3
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.6

Your problem
Hi Folks, what could be a possible reason why my campaign does not trigger a page hit after I successfully send a email mit the corresponding link?! I basically followed this blog post → Creating a Double Opt-In Email Campaign. I would really appreciate the help because I’m kind of lost here.

These errors are showing in the log: no

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: use commands to trigger campaign updates

Are u testing using an incognito browser session? That’s the most common reason.

Next would be to check that your tracking code is installed properly on your site and sending data to Mautic.

Are u seeing the URL hit in the contact activity feed?

I think you need to add a delay to the action checking for the url hit. The way you have it Mautuc is checking for the URL link straight away as you send the email. As the recipient would not have had time to hit the link yet, the condition will fail.

In addition, there are issues with using a campaign to manage DOI emails due to the cron job delay.

Ideally, you would want a DOI opt email to be sent out immediately someone opts into your list. has a great tut on this. His site is down right now so I can’t share the direct link.

Thx @robm! AFAIK no incognito mode… and I tested multiple browsers. I wonder why this is an issue anyway because the link target is coded with a hash for identification, isn’t it?

The page is a mautic landing page out of the box with a standard template.

No, I don’t see a hit in the activity feed. I see “email opened”, and if I adjust the campaign to move forward based on the “email opened” condition, it works.

Thx for the url delay hint

Yes, it’s a DOI Campaign. I’ll check the tutorial, thx!

U have to test in incognito mode or when logged out of mautic, or mautic will ignore everything as it sees u as an admin and therefore not the intended target of the campaign.

I think you have found the breakpoint though. If the feed is not seeing the URL then the campaign won’t work as intended. That is likely linked to the incognito testing.

So step 1 - get Mautic to see the url hit, then move onto troubleshooting the campaign if still needed.

I found the issue! My proxy did not x-forwared the client ip to the Mautic instance. Now page hit tracking works! thx for your help :slight_smile: