Campaign events disappear

Good morning,

We have a problem with a self-hosted version of Mautic, v.1.2.4.

We have a campaign (several with the same problem in fact, but I’ll focus on one example) based on a smart list source. The campaign does:

​Day 1: Intro Email 1​

​Day 3: ​Intro Email 2

​Day 7: ​Intro Email 3

​Day 11: ​Intro Email 4

​Day 12: Set a field so it appears on a call list

​Day 100: Set a field so a nurture campaign starts

We set the relevant fields on leads and they appear in the list. They are then added to the campaign and events are scheduled. This works correctly. The first events are triggered and complete correctly.

At an undetermined and possibly random point during the campaign, future events disappear from the lead. The lead is left on the list and the campaign, but there are no scheduled events. This usually happens after email 1 or 2 so the lead is left in limbo.

[h]Troubleshooting[/h]

We have been trying to identify a pattern on these campaigns but only have one commonality so far; this only happens for leads that join a campaign based on their list membership. This has been seen on 100+ leads.

Compared to this, we have also added another few hundred leads using a helper campaign that explicitly moves the lead to the email campaign. We are yet to see a problem with any leads added in this way.

This problem was first observed on 2016-02-02. Since then all leads added via smart list top this campaign have failed.

We did the upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 on 2016-01-26, but leads were working after this from what we can see. No other system wide changes were made around the 2nd Feb, but a lot of leads were imported.

[h]Theory[/h]

Our working theory is therefore that something is causing leads to be removed from a campaign, in the sense that events are removed, but without an identifiable trigger. How can we turn on more logging to see what might be happening?

Hi, can anyone help with how to get more logging data?

Or shall I just submit this as a bug? It’s fairly serious as a fundamental part of Mautic isn’t working for us!

It has happened to me as well, in both self hosted and the Allyde version of Mautic. But I cannot see any patterns on this. It has happened with campaigns that had been cloned and with fresh ones. With list based and form based. I can not understand it…

Good morning,

We have a problem with a self-hosted version of Mautic, v.1.2.4.

We have a campaign (several with the same problem in fact, but I’ll focus on one example) based on a smart list source. The campaign does:
​Day 1: Intro Email 1​
​Day 3: ​Intro Email 2
​Day 7: ​Intro Email 3
​Day 11: ​Intro Email 4
​Day 12: Set a field so it appears on a call list
​Day 100: Set a field so a nurture campaign starts

We set the relevant fields on leads and they appear in the list. They are then added to the campaign and events are scheduled. This works correctly. The first events are triggered and complete correctly.

At an undetermined and possibly random point during the campaign, future events disappear from the lead. The lead is left on the list and the campaign, but there are no scheduled events. This usually happens after email 1 or 2 so the lead is left in limbo.

[h]Troubleshooting[/h]
We have been trying to identify a pattern on these campaigns but only have one commonality so far; this only happens for leads that join a campaign based on their list membership. This has been seen on 100+ leads.

Compared to this, we have also added another few hundred leads using a helper campaign that explicitly moves the lead to the email campaign. We are yet to see a problem with any leads added in this way.

This problem was first observed on 2016-02-02. Since then all leads added via smart list top this campaign have failed.

We did the upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 on 2016-01-26, but leads were working after this from what we can see. No other system wide changes were made around the 2nd Feb, but a lot of leads were imported.

[h]Theory[/h]
Our working theory is therefore that something is causing leads to be removed from a campaign, in the sense that events are removed, but without an identifiable trigger. How can we turn on more logging to see what might be happening?