Campaign Not Triggering

Hi Team,

I am running 2.6.1 and the campaign won’t trigger.

1. Created a test contact
  2. Added to test segment
  3. Created email
  4. Sent out test email successfully
  5. Created a test campaign
  6. Made sure I selected the correct segment that the contact is in.
  7. Saved the campaign and published.

My cron jobs are running fine as always…but nothing goes out.

Any ideas?

Hi Team,

I am running 2.6.1 and the campaign won’t trigger.

1. Created a test contact
  2. Added to test segment
  3. Created email
  4. Sent out test email successfully
  5. Created a test campaign
  6. Made sure I selected the correct segment that the contact is in.
  7. Saved the campaign and published.

My cron jobs are running fine as always…but nothing goes out.

Any ideas?

Check your Configuration > Email and check if you have send immediately or queue

Yes, my email setting has always been set to “Send Immediately”

what is your cron job list

Here are my crons. I am getting email notifications…they are definitely running, but campaigns emails not going out. Also the email widget never updates. I tried having the email go out, immediately, then 30 mins, and then an hour later…after each time I updated the campaign and waiting…nothing ever gets triggered, but in my email the trigger crons says events were triggered…but nothing ever triggers.

5,35 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/admin/public_html/cwmarketing.co/app/console mautic:segments:update

*/10 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/admin/public_html/cwmarketing.co/app/console mautic:campaigns:rebuild

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/admin/public_html/cwmarketing.co/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/admin/public_html/cwmarketing.co/app/console mautic:emails:send

Yes, I am running PHP v 5.6.27

Regards

Yes…running PHP -v command via SSH confirms I am running PHP 5.6.27.

Regards

Any ideas on why campaign is not triggering?

You’ve probably already checked this, but here’s how to double check that you’ve specified the correct absolute path to your app/console. From a SSH terminal, try running one of your cron jobs to see if you receive the output from Symfony:

php /home/admin/public_html/cwmarketing.co/app/console mautic:segments:update

You can also try adding the --env=prod argument to the end of each line in your cron job file.

Is there anything sent to your system (root) inbox by the cron daemon? It may provide some clues why your campaigns are not triggering.

What do you see when you run this command?

cat /var/mail/root

outputs
campaign rebuild
Rebuilding contacts for campaign 5
2 total contact(s) to be added in batches of 300
0/2 [>---------------------------] 0%
1/2 [==============>-------------] 50%
2/2 [============================] 100%
0 total contact(s) to be removed in batches of 300
2 contact(s) affected

campaign trigger

Triggering events for campaign 5
Triggering first level events
2 total events(s) to be processed in batches of 100
0/2 [>---------------------------] 0%
1/2 [==============>-------------] 50%
2/2 [============================] 100%
2 event(s) executed

But nothing goes out…the first event is to send an email in the campaign

Looks like your crons are running fine.

Most likely this isn’t it, but Mautic has two types of emails you can specify in the “Send email” Action.
Transactional vs Marketing

Marketing emails will only send once to the same contact, no matter how many times they run through a campaign including that email. Transactional emails will send every time a contact runs through a campaign that calls for sending that email. It’s a long shot, but maybe what happened is the campaign action triggered when your crons/email gateway was not working, making Mautic think that particular email was sent to that user before.

For testing purposes, try a) opting in a brand new contact to the segment and/or b) switching the email type to Transactional.

If not, it looks like we’d ideally need access to your instance or server to diagnose further.

Thanks…the email is a Transnational type. The email never goes out.

How to connect offline for diagnosing my instance/server?

Regards

I haven’t read the entire thread, but have you tried changing:

/usr/bin/php

to

/opt/php5627/bin/php 

Changing the front part of the cron to the php number worked for me. I am using php7 so I have:
/opt/php70/bin/php

My cron is running but the campaign won’t trigger.

Sent you a PM @chuckwilliams10

This is weird…I added a new test contact…and the campaign triggered, but the it did not for the initial 2 test contacts…weird… I close this for now and will continue testing. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Glad you seem to have solved it for now.
If the problem makes a comeback, please don’t hesitate to come back to the community.
Good luck with launching your campaigns using Mautic!