Can A Mautic Installation Be Moved To Another Domain?

Let’s say that 6 months down the road I decide that I want to move the installation to a new domain. Can this seamlessly be done or will there be problems?

Let’s say that 6 months down the road I decide that I want to move the installation to a new domain. Can this seamlessly be done or will there be problems?

It can be done. Just make sure that:

1. The base URL is changed in the Mautic’s configuration.
  2. The cache is cleared (remove the app/cache dir, it will rebuild again)
  3. The HTML of the forms is cached in the database. There is a button in the Form Manager to rebuild them.
  4. If you have a tracking pixel configured on some website, don’t forget to change the URL to the new one.

Also, all the links in already sent emails will stop working once you remove the original Mautic.

1 Like

@escopecz I am looking at this situation myself and wondered if I still have control of the old domain and have a wildcard redirect to the new domain will the links from previous emails / tracking pixel continue to work?

Hello @escopecz ,
can you please explain me why I am gating this error when I going to WP mautic from integrator->Add New(http://plugins.hireawiz.com/mautic/1.0/#Configuration).
Befor that I only made one changed moved mautic to another domain(s101.iskcon.net/mautic to mautic.chantnow.com) and I also follow the proper step(https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/2648-can-a-mautic-installation-be-moved-to-another-domain/0)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘MauticExceptionIncorrectParametersReturnedException’ with message ‘Incorrect access token parameters returned: ???’ in /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-content/plugins/wp-mautic-form-integrator/lib/Auth/OAuth.php:505 Stack trace: #0 /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-content/plugins/wp-mautic-form-integrator/lib/Auth/OAuth.php(408): MauticAuthOAuth->requestToken() #1 /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-content/plugins/wp-mautic-form-integrator/wp-mautic-form-integrator.php(379): MauticAuthOAuth->validateAccessToken() #2 /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-content/plugins/wp-mautic-form-integrator/wp-mautic-form-integrator.php(473): haw_mautic_integration_get_forms_from_server(‘haw-mautic-inte…’) #3 [internal function]: haw_mautic_integration_add_new(’’) #4 /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-includes/plugin.php(524): call_user_func_array(‘haw_mautic_inte…’, Array) #5 /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-admin/admin.php(222) in /home/cnadmin/public_html/subdomains/beta/wp-content/plugins/wp-mautic-form-integrator/lib/Auth/OAuth.php on line 505

Check if you’ve updated the URL in the API Credentials.

Thank @escopecz I got it
I done mistake before deleting the app/cache I created public key and security key
now it’s working fine
thanks again

also need to change app/config file with your new domain url

[quote=7855:@escopecz]It can be done. Just make sure that:

1. The base URL is changed in the Mautic’s configuration.
  2. The cache is cleared (remove the app/cache dir, it will rebuild again)
  3. The HTML of the forms is cached in the database. There is a button in the Form Manager to rebuild them.
  4. If you have a tracking pixel configured on some website, don’t forget to change the URL to the new one.

Also, all the links in already sent emails will stop working once you remove the original Mautic.[/quote]

also need to change app/config file with your new url

SEE BEST SOLUTION HERE
https://forum.mautic.org/t/how-do-i-move-a-mautic-installation-from-one-domain-to-another/13402/2