Can't send emails

Hello!

I’ve setup SMTP settings, a test email from settings window was delivered to me - OK. But when I start to create new leads, test emails doesn’t send and in error log system wrote the next:

[2016-03-24 10:57:15] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “503”, with message "503 sender not yet given " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport << 220 smtp13.mail.ru ESMTP ready >> EHLO bitnami-mautic-b055.cloudapp.net << 250-smtp13.mail.ru 250-SIZE 73400320 250-8BITMIME 250-PIPELINING 250 AUTH PLAIN LOGIN XOAUTH2 >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> aW5mb0Byb2tldHByaW50LnJ1 << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> UXExMjM0NTY= << 235 Authentication succeeded ++ Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM: << 250 OK >> RCPT TO: << 501 sender address must match authenticated user !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code “501”, with message "501 sender address must match authenticated user " (code: 501) >> RSET << 503 sender not yet given !! Expected response code 250 but got code “503”, with message "503 sender not yet given " (code: 503) [] []

Which sender address does it insert into a email? From settings? From lead owner? From window “send a custom email to a lead”?

No support - dead project.

Thank you for answer, but if you look deeper test email sends OK, but when I try manually send email Mautic creates an email WITHOUT field MAIL FROM. IT’S EMPTY!

Authentication succeeded ++ Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM: << 250 OK >> RCPT TO:

So smtp mail server (mail.ru) declines this email letter.

So problem is IN configuration of Mautic, because it creates an email.

If you go to the setings cog in the top right corner -> Configuration -> Email settings, you should be able to set the mail from address. I have it set to my email address and the appropriate email is used in the email header.

Of course I did it. Here is my screen .

I tried simply “info”, without "@roketprint.ru", the same error occured.

Hello!

I’ve setup SMTP settings, a test email from settings window was delivered to me - OK. But when I start to create new leads, test emails doesn’t send and in error log system wrote the next:

[2016-03-24 10:57:15] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “503”, with message "503 sender not yet given " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport << 220 smtp13.mail.ru ESMTP ready >> EHLO bitnami-mautic-b055.cloudapp.net << 250-smtp13.mail.ru 250-SIZE 73400320 250-8BITMIME 250-PIPELINING 250 AUTH PLAIN LOGIN XOAUTH2 >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> aW5mb0Byb2tldHByaW50LnJ1 << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> UXExMjM0NTY= << 235 Authentication succeeded ++ Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM: << 250 OK >> RCPT TO: << 501 sender address must match authenticated user !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code “501”, with message "501 sender address must match authenticated user " (code: 501) >> RSET << 503 sender not yet given !! Expected response code 250 but got code “503”, with message "503 sender not yet given " (code: 503) [] []

Which sender address does it insert into a email? From settings? From lead owner? From window “send a custom email to a lead”?

same issue with me

I actually encountered the same error while being stupid. Please see if you are setting “From” field in Emails. If you set different e-mail address there, Mautic will try to send from that address

You should go to Settings > Configuration > Email Settings and ensure your “E-mail address to send mail from” is set correctly. This is the default email address that will be used unless you specify a different “From:” address for that email send, or it’s a 1-to-1 email where the sender is the Mautic user that owns the contact.

Probably you’re trying to get started with Mautic but we recommend using an email gateway, instead of a webmail provider such as mail.ru to send messages from Mautic. Popular options include: Amazon SES, SendGrid and Sparkpost. Once you verify your domain with these providers via a DNS record, you’ll be able to send from any name@yourdomain that you wish.