Contacts from our own IP address?

For background, we are self-hosting our own Wordpress websites and Mautic on an in-house server on a Linux-based system. Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve noticed a bump of about 250% in contacts created. This all started over the span of one or two days. When we look at the anonymous contacts, they come from our internal IP address of our server and are hitting different pages and images on our sites. We’ve speculated on what it could be, but I’m liking the idea that it could be WP Fastest Cache, a caching plug-in that I know I’ve recently installed but don’t remember exactly when. As a test, I’ve disabled the plug-in, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I was wondering if anyone else had any situations like this.

Thanks much.

Chris Sebes

MediaMix.tv

For background, we are self-hosting our own Wordpress websites and Mautic on an in-house server on a Linux-based system. Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve noticed a bump of about 250% in contacts created. This all started over the span of one or two days. When we look at the anonymous contacts, they come from our internal IP address of our server and are hitting different pages and images on our sites. We’ve speculated on what it could be, but I’m liking the idea that it could be WP Fastest Cache, a caching plug-in that I know I’ve recently installed but don’t remember exactly when. As a test, I’ve disabled the plug-in, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I was wondering if anyone else had any situations like this.

Thanks much.
Chris Sebes
MediaMix.tv

Here’s a screen grab of the Contacts page looking a anonymous results. We are getting repeated hits to our site, many times to the same page over and over. These are all from our IP address.

Have you check is your team is visiting the website and that is why is track?
Is like the same scenario if you have Google Analytics and you dont filter the company ip address.

No one is constantly visiting our sites, from our own servers, multiple times throughout the day or middle of the night, every 10 to 50 minutes. Besides, there are only two of us.