Documentation for creating mjml page theme

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.4, fresh install from zip file.
My PHP version is: 7.4.30
My Database type and version is: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.15-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)
Web sever: nginx 1.18.0

Your problem
My problem is:

I could create an mjml email theme by following this guide https://docs.mautic.org/en/builders/%20creating%20a%20theme.

However, reproducing the same procedure for mjml landing page leads to an empty page. I only copied the email.mjml.twig and email.html.twig to page.*.twig. None of the buttons on the right side panel works. And the previewed page is empty. Basically, I could import the page theme but it does not work.

I see a post here which suggests to change permissons to entire directory chmod -R 775 /var/www/html. This seems not to be consistent with this guide https://docs.mautic.org/en/troubleshooting/file-ownership-and-permissions

In the list of themes delivered with Mautic, there is not yet one with grapejs builder, page feature in mjml language (or it’s somewhere that I have not found). If there is one, I can follow that example.

My questions are:

1. do you have any suggestion?
  2. is there a mjml landing page theme or a guide?

These errors are showing in the log: No error on the interface or in the log file.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

1. assure that the mjml file is correct. It was validated outside mautic. Plus, it was transformed into a mail template that works.
  2. assure that the .zip structure is correct. config.json file contains “page” : “features”: [“email”,“page”]
  3. try both grapesjsbuilder alone and with “legacy”: “builder”: [“grapesjsbuilder”] or “builder”: [“legacy”,“grapesjsbuilder”]
  4. clear the cache correctly. restart server.

Did you enable the grapeJS Plugin in Mautic? This is the legacy builder…

I think the grapesjs builder is activated. I did use it for editing an email.

It is true that the interface shown in my first post does not look like grapejs.

To be sure, I removed “legacy” from the .json file to leave only “grapejsbuilder”, upload the zip again. It leads to the same empty page and inactive buttons.

My guess is my way of preparing the page.mjml.twig file is not correct. I copied the email.mjml.twig file that worked for email theme.

I don’t find more documentation for creating mjml landing page theme to follow.

Thank you for the reply.

grapejsbuilder

Honestly this is a bit more complicated then just explaining it in a blogpost, so I created a course and I’m not ashamed to ask money for it.

it sounds great. I have two questions so far: how to create mjml landing page theme and inject a form in a mjml page or theme (not using the html, it’s too much for me). will I find the answers in your course? if yes, then I’m in immediately.

The answer is there: you can’t do it.
There are no MJML landing pages.
MJML is email only.

Thank you for being that clear.

May I ask why it is impossible to use mjml for the landing page? I understood that mjml allows one to create responsive page easily. why not applying it to pages?

I think the workflow is the create mjml pages outside, then export to html, then copy paste to mautic. However, for editing that won’t be that easier.

I know nothing about programming. So if this is a feature that can be implemented, I’ll be glad to support it (with others).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.