Does Mautic store the contact's IP when user clicks on a link in an email?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4-ish (?)
My PHP version is: 8.0.26
My Database type and version is:10.3.22-MariaDB

Your problem
My problem is: I would like to know if Mautic stores the IP address when a user clicks a link in an email and a campaign has a decision based on this click.

A client wants to store the IP together with the email address and the timestamp of such a consent link click and I would like to know if this is possible. I tested it and while the IP is visible in the audit log when the contact submits a form, it is not, when the contact clicks the link. At least not in every test case.

I build a test campaign form, used it as a starting point for a campaign, the first campaign action sends a mail, the second campaign step (a condition) checks if the link was clicked and assigns a tag to the user in case the condition evaluated as true.

So in this case (the user gave some form of consent with this click (think double opt in) I would like to ensure the IP the user had when clicking the link in the mail was at least stored in the database.

Hi, the clicks are stored together with IP addresses in the DB:
These link clicks go under the concept of ‘URL as redirect’ and there is a table for it. Includes IP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.