Doubt about spam (How not to fall on the blacklist)

Hello guys. First forgive me the English. I’m Brazilian and I use google translate

I’m new to Mautic and would like to know how not to risk being blacklisted.

What are the best practices and how do I configure Mautic to limit shipping?

Or distribute between my IPS
My server has 3 ips

Thanks

There’s a bunch of best Guide/ best practices out there. Here’s a few of the top of my head.

-What you should do - Get SPF, DKIM & DMARC set up. (DMARC is the optional one but it’s good to have)

• Configure your “Send to” address with a reputable and good domain. Make sure that website/domain reputation is not negative.

• If you’re sending to a large amount of subscribers, make sure to do it slowly and in stages. Don’t send to all 100K subscribers (if you have 100k).

• Announce in your email that this is a marketing email and that they can opt out anytime you want for the first few weeks and sends.

• Get a Dedicated IP and warm it up properly.

I am not sure what you mean with configuring Mautic to limit shipping. Is it limit email sends? I can’t help you there. The best I’m doing now is just importing how many contacts I want and sending to that amount of contacts.

I recommend creating multiple segments.

2 Likes

On top of that be aware that various mail box providers have ingress thresholds that will trip spam, so I have domain throttles for a number of providers to keep within their trigger limits. It does mean those domains do take longer to get loads through, but on the plus side a sudden influx wont then get the whole lot rejected. Swings and roundabouts.

1 Like