Duplicate emails? (new to mautic)

Hello all,

I recently started working for a company that has been using mautic for a few of their marketing activities but have only just now started to use the campaigns tab to set up drip campaigns. Upon poking around and attempting to get myself accustomed to how the software works a question was raised that may seem relatively simple but I could really use your help in answering it.

When creating a drip campaign, lets say I start with the action of sending an initial email and add the decision “opens email” and create separate actions for yes and no. Lets say on the yes side I create another action to send a “getting started” email. Additionally on the no side I create an action and decision that sends a followup email after a wait period and a getting started email if they do open the followup email.If the lead were to open the followup email and then the initial email afterwards will they receive both of the “getting started” emails or just the one from the followup email?

Thanks for your help

Trevor

Hello all,

I recently started working for a company that has been using mautic for a few of their marketing activities but have only just now started to use the campaigns tab to set up drip campaigns. Upon poking around and attempting to get myself accustomed to how the software works a question was raised that may seem relatively simple but I could really use your help in answering it.

When creating a drip campaign, lets say I start with the action of sending an initial email and add the decision “opens email” and create separate actions for yes and no. Lets say on the yes side I create another action to send a “getting started” email. Additionally on the no side I create an action and decision that sends a followup email after a wait period and a getting started email if they do open the followup email.If the lead were to open the followup email and then the initial email afterwards will they receive both of the “getting started” emails or just the one from the followup email?

Thanks for your help

Trevor