Duplicate submission from automatic javascript forms

We are getting lot of duplication submission from automatic javascript form. We suspect because of folks habit of double clicking on a button due to how Windows require double clicking on many of it apps it causing the same submission to be submitted twice to us.

We even added a redirect hoping that forcing them to redirect to a homepage would prevent double submission.

Is there a way to set submit button to ignore the second click and remaining clicks for next few seconds giving javascript time to redirect the visitor to homepage after they submitted the form by double clicking the button?

It’s getting annoying … There been a few rare time when I gotten 3 same submission!

I’ve got the same problem over here. Would love a solution.

the default mautic form already disable the button during submission, are you using a different form / submission method ?

I am using default Mautic form and still having the same problem.

Successful Submit Action
Remain at Form

Redirect URL/Message
My thank you message.

I have this implemented on a static HTML page using the automatic JS forms code.
Just had 4-5 duplicate submissions. While Mautic handled the duplicate contacts and merged them into one thanks to email being used as a unique identifier, 4-5 emails were still sent out which was annoying.

FYI this was done on Safari on an iOS device according to contact data. Will keep an eye out for duplicate submissions like this in the future and what device they use.

1 Like