Email A/B testing stats

Hi,

I tried to do some email A/B testing and encountered some oddities. This is how I set it up:

• Created a lead list including 60 leads
  • Created a template email
  • Created a A/B testing variant from the template email (weight = 50%, winner criteria = email read rate)
  • Sent out the email via a campaign

The weight worked, both variants were sent out to 30 leads.

When I am in the email detail view of the basic variant, I can toggle the stats between Variant and All. In both cases it shows the same values, which is the stats of the basic variant (I expected the sum of both variants). When I am switching to the A/B testing variant, I again can toggle the stats between Variant and All. However, in Variant mode it shows the stats of the A/B testing variant (= correct). When I switch to All, the stats from the basic variant are shown - again I expected the sum of both variants.

Do I have an error in reasoning? Does the system behave as expected or is there an error?

Thank you,

Peter

Hi,

I tried to do some email A/B testing and encountered some oddities. This is how I set it up:

• Created a lead list including 60 leads
  • Created a template email
  • Created a A/B testing variant from the template email (weight = 50%, winner criteria = email read rate)
  • Sent out the email via a campaign

The weight worked, both variants were sent out to 30 leads.

When I am in the email detail view of the basic variant, I can toggle the stats between Variant and All. In both cases it shows the same values, which is the stats of the basic variant (I expected the sum of both variants). When I am switching to the A/B testing variant, I again can toggle the stats between Variant and All. However, in Variant mode it shows the stats of the A/B testing variant (= correct). When I switch to All, the stats from the basic variant are shown - again I expected the sum of both variants.

Do I have an error in reasoning? Does the system behave as expected or is there an error?

Thank you,
Peter