Email: link to translated webview?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.2
My PHP version is: 7.4.14
My Database type and version is: MySQL

Your problem
My problem is: Most of our contacts do not have set a preferred locale. When sending an email we would like to insert a link to the translated content, preferably as webview version. Is that possible?

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I tried to build the URL, but I am not sure which ID is used at the end of the URL: https://mautic.domain/email/view/60c214ed77749937956669

Not sure if this is possible if they do not have the preferred locale setup. What you can do if you know their language is to segment the data and run a campaign to update the preferred locale based on domain or some other custom field you might know.

The other opion is to create a landing page for the translations and simple ink to those landing pages inside Mautic

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply @mikew :+1:. We may assign them a preferred locale if this makes it easier. We did not do it yet, because we havenā€™t worked with translations a lot yet. Till now we have segmented them without using the field ā€˜preferred localeā€™. Every day I learn more about Mautic and I discovered translated content just recently.

We address contacts in ā€˜multi-language companiesā€™ - in case they want to forward the email to a colleague that does not speak the contacts preferred locale.

Creating a landing page sounds good. If there is another option that might be used - more or less - fully automated, that would be fantastic. :slight_smile: