Email marked as read in monitored inbox yet doesn't appear in Mautic anywhere

Hey guys,

I have a monitored inbox set up with Mautic, it successfully connects, and it marks inbound messages as read, yet these messages don’t seem to appear anywhere in Mautic for the Contact. Any thoughts or ideas regarding this would be hugely appreciated.

All the best,

Hammy

Hey guys,

I have a monitored inbox set up with Mautic, it successfully connects, and it marks inbound messages as read, yet these messages don’t seem to appear anywhere in Mautic for the Contact. Any thoughts or ideas regarding this would be hugely appreciated.

All the best,
Hammy

Hi!

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Coming from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM background primarily, and having worked with several other industry standard CRM and marketing automation solutions, I would say that this was very much expected. Usually, all contact with the client is done through the platform, and tracked through it as well, which is one of the main features, meaning that communication with a Contact could be seamlessly handed over to another team member, along with all the information them.

As that doesn’t appear to be the common usage scenario, how does the average company integrate Mautic into their workflow?

Emails and custom emails are allowed to be sent out through Mautic from the company’s SMTP server and outbound account i.e sales@domain.com, but what’s the standard practice for handling responses and making sure that they go to the team member who sent the email in the first place? This is fairly important for making sure that a team member’s leads go to them and not some communal inbox.

In Dynamics CRM, team members are able to send out an email from Dynamics, it goes to the recipient, they reply, it gets fed back into Dynamics through a monitored inbox (IMAP, or Exchange, though can’t expect Exchange, nor do I want it with Mautic), tracked on the CRM, and they then get an email notification about it from the CRM’s mail server, which they can hit reply on either on the web, app or email itself, and that too will get tracked through Dynamics.

This particular scenario also allows for being able to track what gets said, ability to shift a lead to another team member if they’re off sick etc.

Mautic is part of the way there with tracking email opens, I’m baffled as to why this isn’t already there. Is it on the roadmap?

All the best,
Hammy