Can we email communicate inside Mautic?

Still having problems getting all my email working but can someone answer an easy question for me.?

We can send email to a contact and they can reply to it but it appears that it does not report to the CRM just replys back to you and then you carry on an email conversation outside Mautic… my last CRM kept track of those conversations so that managers or someone assisting me could view them.

Am i seeing it correct there is not back and forth email within Mautic.? Correct. The really nice thing about that is when my broker would take the contact away from you due to maybe not moving fast enought the newly assigned agent could see all the conversation and could pick up and run faster than he could otherwise.

Still having problems getting all my email working but can someone answer an easy question for me.?

We can send email to a contact and they can reply to it but it appears that it does not report to the CRM just replys back to you and then you carry on an email conversation outside Mautic… my last CRM kept track of those conversations so that managers or someone assisting me could view them.
Am i seeing it correct there is not back and forth email within Mautic.? Correct. The really nice thing about that is when my broker would take the contact away from you due to maybe not moving fast enought the newly assigned agent could see all the conversation and could pick up and run faster than he could otherwise.

@tommytx123:

There is a Mautic feature called “Monitored Inbox” (https://mautic.org/docs/en/emails/bounce_management.html). Maybe you can use this feature as a starting point.

However, Mautic is a marketing automation solution for one to many marketing. What you describe are functionalities of one to one marketing. When you are in a dialog with a prospect, you are one step beyond marketing automation and maybe should use a CRM system.

@tommytx123

From my understanding, “Monitored Inbox” is set up to handle bounce receipts.

So for example, if someguy123@aol.com signs up for your email campaign but that email doesn’t exist (fake email, misspelt, etc.), you will get a bounce message from the AOL server sent to your “Monitored Inbox”. Mautic is smart and will see the bounce receipt pertaining to someguy123@aol.com and will automatically remove someguy123@aol.com from your email list to avoid sending future emails to that address (this preserves your rating as a sender by reducing the number of hard bounces).

So I don’t think you can have a conversation with your contacts via Mautic. As mentioned above, it is only really meant for outgoing email and “one to many” campaigns.

You would have to look into your e-mail service (i.e. Gmail, Outlook, etc) and see how to share the inbox with your team.

@tommytx123 doesn’t have a build in CRM that you can have a track of email reply from the contacts. But there are some CRM that you can use with Mautic (SuiteCRM, SalesforceCRM, Vtiger, SugarCRM)