"email opening" as an optional trigger in campaigns

Hi there. I have built a campaign already, however I am finding a process very annoying.

Currently in order for the next email in the series to be triggered, the user MUST at least open the email, otherwise the rest of the emails on the series do not get sent. This is a problem bc sometimes people don’t open all emails but still need to see the other emails.

All of the other email marketing platforms, they have “email opening” as an optional trigger, however it is not a requirement. My campaigns are suffering bc of this and sometimes I’ve had to send the emails that are supposed to be automated 1 by 1 to bypass this.

Is there a way you can make this optional, not a requirement? - In other words emails are sent as scheduled whether they are opened or not. Thanks

Hi there. I have built a campaign already, however I am finding a process very annoying.

Currently in order for the next email in the series to be triggered, the user MUST at least open the email, otherwise the rest of the emails on the series do not get sent. This is a problem bc sometimes people don’t open all emails but still need to see the other emails.

All of the other email marketing platforms, they have “email opening” as an optional trigger, however it is not a requirement. My campaigns are suffering bc of this and sometimes I’ve had to send the emails that are supposed to be automated 1 by 1 to bypass this.

Is there a way you can make this optional, not a requirement? - In other words emails are sent as scheduled whether they are opened or not. Thanks

If you sent the second email - independently of the contact reading the first one - why do you check the read status at all?

Hi @PeterTL you are right, I was doing the setup wrong as I did not have each email independent but coming from the 1st one. I’ve fixed this and it works now. Thanks