Email sent to contacts not in selected segment

Hi;

I sent a follow up email, as part of a campaign, set to send at a specific date (today). Strangely and unfortunately, the email was also sent to contacts not part of the segment set in the campaign. And they were a lot!. Such a costly mishap! I’m running v2.2.1. Upgraded only a week ago.

Anyone who encountered the same problem? Where should I start looking to investigate what caused it?

Thanks,

Vik

Hi;

I sent a follow up email, as part of a campaign, set to send at a specific date (today). Strangely and unfortunately, the email was also sent to contacts not part of the segment set in the campaign. And they were a lot!. Such a costly mishap! I’m running v2.2.1. Upgraded only a week ago.

Anyone who encountered the same problem? Where should I start looking to investigate what caused it?

Thanks,

Vik

First place I’d check would be campaign > contacts, make sure they haven’t made their way onto that campaign. As far as I understand with campaigns the sending of the email is linked to the contact, rather than the email being triggered and sent to a group.

Another possibility to check is your other campaigns; make sure this email hasn’t been selected instead of another intended one (although given that it’s gone out at the scheduled time this seems less likely)