Campaign not continuing after segment action

Hi Guys,

Just as the conversation title mentions; My campaign is not continuing after it placed a contact in an segment.

I found a work-around but I think that I’m doing something wrong. If i create a new campaign with the send email action linked to the - segment change - it works fine (so the campaign is cut in two).

All my cronjobs are working and I receive the email without problems. Exept that I have to cut the campaign in two.

Am I doing something wrong or are you having the same issue?

Greetings,

Rick

Hi Guys,

Just as the conversation title mentions; My campaign is not continuing after it placed a contact in an segment.
I found a work-around but I think that I’m doing something wrong. If i create a new campaign with the send email action linked to the - segment change - it works fine (so the campaign is cut in two).

All my cronjobs are working and I receive the email without problems. Exept that I have to cut the campaign in two.

Am I doing something wrong or are you having the same issue?

Greetings,
Rick

Not sure if related, but I also found out an unexpected way of campaign functioning:

• I have an unpublished campaign that has a certain form for its source
  • the campaign is set up so that leads, created using this certain form, receive an email (marketing type - so only once, and they haven’t received that particular mail yet)
  • I insert many leads (contacts) using this certain form
  • when I publish the campaign, all these contacts that were inserted using that certain form, do not receive the email.

There is a workaround:

• I can add a custom segment to all those already-inserted contacts
  • If I change the campaign, so that its source are leads with this custom segment (and not from the form, as before), the emails are sent

Am I missing something, like not understanding how campaigns work, or is this a bug? I, of course, have all the cronjobs etc, so I don’t believe this is a technical issue on my server.

I believe that if leads are insterted through a form that is used as a campaign source to send a particular email, all those leads should receive the email as soon as I publish the campaign - why do they not receive it?

Thank you and Best,
D.

PS: I hope I am not kidnapping your thread, but to me the problem seems quite similar and I believe it may have the same solution.

I am having similar issues. I hoping to get an answer as well.

Thanks

OK I’ve found out that under campaign, there is a Contacts tab that shows which contacts are affected by a campaign.

And if I set up the campaign as segment-driven, … well, I thought it was a bug since there were no contacts. Yet I had my campaign unpublished, so I tried changing its content (i.e. preventing email sending since I was playing around) and published it, hoping that contacts would fill up. Well, they did not. Not until the mautic:campaign:rebuild cronjob was triggered on the server.

So there we go:

• a campaign must be published in order to populate its contacts
  • contact population occurs on the cronjob mautic:campaign:rebuild (which is called from my crontab every minute)

Mistery solved.

Best,
D.

@RickBRG If you could upload a screenshot of your campaign so we can see the various steps it might make it easier to see where the problem lies.

@denispavliha Could you start a new thread?