Email setting on a per user basis

Hi; I am new to Mautic and have a question about email configuration. For starters, I am using Amazon SES and I am managing multiple campaigns from multiple websites (each website represents a unique business). Multiple campaigns are being run from each source (website) and triggered by different forms. In essence, a campaign and its activity are triggered depending on which form is submitted.

That said, email being sent include the email address included under the advanced tab. Thus, the recipient sees the from address as being familiar to the website they visited. For example; if a visitor visits sheltertheworld.org they get an email from someone @ sheltertheworld.org. If another visitor visits iaddicshelters.com they get an email from someone @ iaddicshelters.com

So for so good. The templates are configured to reflect the theme of the corresponding websites, corresponding forms are embedded in web pages, emails are sent with the proper corresponding identities…BUT…I can not get bounces and unsubscribes to work and think I am missing something.

Using Amazon SES; their service will send a message about complaints (unsubscribes) and bounces. What this does in my case is places a message in the corresponding sender’s email inbox. So, if an email is sent from someone @ sheltertheworld.org and it receives a bounce notification then the inbox for someone @ sheltertheworld.org receives the bounce notification. The same is true for someone @ iaddicshelters.com.

The PROBLEM: (unless I am missing something…which I hope is true) is that Mautic has just one email configuration setting that is the same for all users. So setting the monitored inbox settings applies to ALL accounts. Forwarding emails does not work because the email in the “forward to” inbox are the forwarded messages from “sender”. Hence, many messages in the inbox appear to be from the same sender (which technically they are since they are forwarded). Thus, nothing can trigger an unsubscribe action.

SO, has anyone else attempted to use Mautic this way and have you figured out how to get unsubscribe notices working for each “user”. I was under the belief that each user account email settings were configurable.

Hopefully, I just need straightening out in my thinking!

Thanks, Rich

Hi; I am new to Mautic and have a question about email configuration. For starters, I am using Amazon SES and I am managing multiple campaigns from multiple websites (each website represents a unique business). Multiple campaigns are being run from each source (website) and triggered by different forms. In essence, a campaign and its activity are triggered depending on which form is submitted.

That said, email being sent include the email address included under the advanced tab. Thus, the recipient sees the from address as being familiar to the website they visited. For example; if a visitor visits sheltertheworld.org they get an email from someone @ sheltertheworld.org. If another visitor visits iaddicshelters.com they get an email from someone @ iaddicshelters.com

So for so good. The templates are configured to reflect the theme of the corresponding websites, corresponding forms are embedded in web pages, emails are sent with the proper corresponding identities…BUT…I can not get bounces and unsubscribes to work and think I am missing something.

Using Amazon SES; their service will send a message about complaints (unsubscribes) and bounces. What this does in my case is places a message in the corresponding sender’s email inbox. So, if an email is sent from someone @ sheltertheworld.org and it receives a bounce notification then the inbox for someone @ sheltertheworld.org receives the bounce notification. The same is true for someone @ iaddicshelters.com.

The PROBLEM: (unless I am missing something…which I hope is true) is that Mautic has just one email configuration setting that is the same for all users. So setting the monitored inbox settings applies to ALL accounts. Forwarding emails does not work because the email in the “forward to” inbox are the forwarded messages from “sender”. Hence, many messages in the inbox appear to be from the same sender (which technically they are since they are forwarded). Thus, nothing can trigger an unsubscribe action.

SO, has anyone else attempted to use Mautic this way and have you figured out how to get unsubscribe notices working for each “user”. I was under the belief that each user account email settings were configurable.

Hopefully, I just need straightening out in my thinking!

Thanks, Rich

I’m afraid the email bounces are configurable only in the global configuration so far.

You are talking about configuring email per user, but you don’t really send emails from Mautic users, right? You just configure a different email address for each email.

I’m working on a feature where the email could be sent from the Mautic user email address and name based on the lead owner:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1319

Maybe that’s something you’d want as well. When this will be in place, the bounce management could be configurable per Mautic user.

escopecz; Yes yes. This is headed in a good direction and will be considered an important addition for simulating multi accounts. It is imperative that the email bounce and unsubscribe be completed for each user before this could be highly used.

Presently I am adding a TAG to a lead immediately upon form submission and the TAG represents an account. This is how I am segmenting leads; tags represent accounts to me.

Associating a lead to the user is a stronger association and ties in well to emailing functions. It will be interesting to learn what the strategy will be for making the association. I do not think many people are segmenting lead lists because of how Mautic is structured (i.e a single account structure) so it seems like leads may need to be processed on a one on one basis. Hopefully, some provision will be available to process a portion of the lead list based on tags or forms. Maybe even a form action whereby if a lead submits a specific form, that lead is assigned a specific user.

Obviously, this discussions pushes the functionality intent of Mautic. I don’t think it was ever intended to be a multi-account system but I read a lot in the forums where this is something people are looking for. For me, this functionality serves to simulate managing multiple accounts as my “accounts” are private. Hence; those looking for outward a public multi-account system will still be looking.

Any estimate when something will be ready to test with bounce management integrated? I see you have the outgoing email section up for testing but I am at a point where I need to decide if I am going to wait for something or set up multiple instances of Mautic solely to implement bounce and unsubscribe management.

By the Way, I left a topic here about a quirky gmail email folder issue. Could you please have a look?

Thanks,

Rich

I cannot give you a time frame for the bounce management per user. That wasn’t even my intent. If you have a programmer in your team or can afford one, feel free to let him build it for you and share it with the community. Or, as you say, create multiple Mautic instances.

I can see someone already replied in depth to your second thread. I actually don’t have much to say in that area.

Can’t you use Google apps as your imap and domain alias’, then all the bounces will go to one email box to the respective folders (adding a few filters of course from example bounces and complaints from each domain)
This is what I am testing now…

Matches: from:(MAILER-DAEMON@eu-west-1.amazonses.com)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label “Bounces”, Never send it to Spam
Matches: from:(complaints@eu-west-1.email-abuse.amazonses.com)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label “Complaints”, Never send it to Spam
Matches: to:(username+unsubscribe@mycompany.co.uk) regardless of which domain is used this is the current default unsubscribe gmail reply to address used
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label “Complaints”, Never send it to Spam
Matches: to:(username+unsubscribe@mycompany2.co.uk) - which won’t work until the above is implemented