Exclude contacts from Form for List Email?

Hi,

we send emails to our entire database quite often. However, we sometimes want to specifically exclude certain people - let’s say people that have already purchased for example. How do I go about doing that?

We use WooCommerce so the Mauticommerce plugin automatically filters customers into the mauticommerce form. I also have a list/segment for all my subscribers. How do I know send an email to

a) include all subscribers

b) but exclude the ones that have already purchased (and are in my mauticommerce form field)?

thanks,

Johannes

Hi,

we send emails to our entire database quite often. However, we sometimes want to specifically exclude certain people - let’s say people that have already purchased for example. How do I go about doing that?

We use WooCommerce so the Mauticommerce plugin automatically filters customers into the mauticommerce form. I also have a list/segment for all my subscribers. How do I know send an email to

a) include all subscribers
b) but exclude the ones that have already purchased (and are in my mauticommerce form field)?

thanks,
Johannes

use segment filters

That’s what I’ve been looking into!

Do you know how to exclude purchasers like in my case? I can’t seem to ‘exclude’ certain segments. Example: I could select all subscribers and then add a 2nd filter with people that visited my order-received page but Mautic doesn’t offer to include one segment but exclude another one

You will have to use a dynamic segment with the following filters:

• Segment membership including “Segment with all contacts”
  • Segment membership excluding “Segment with contacts who have purchased something”

Mautic’s wording is not perfectly clear at this point. One could understand the second filter like “take all contacts which are not in segment XY”, but in fact it reads “exclude all contacts which are in segment XY”.

Thanks!

Actually I was able to find a way that worked, although it’s a bit backwards. All customers are populated with location, while email subscribers are not. So when you set location as ‘empty’, you get all subscribers minus customers.

Bit weird but it works for now.